My 1996 Newport mild resto/performance project.

well I blew out the FR Brakes somehow... guessing the shoes were really old and just went fast -going to tear it apart now... Merry X-Mas!

Once I find out the size (I see 2.75" and 3" listed in parts catalogs) I will get the shoes and new hardware on the way -going to inspect drums as well.

Don't wreck it, that's about my favorite original survivor here together with Matt's.

sure it is, when the Chrysler runs out of gas he can pull the rx-7 from the trunk of the Chrysler and go get a can full

OK figured it out -Shoes were fine on both fronts -someone did them not horribly long ago -however the adjustment at the bottom of the drums was completely loose -this caused a spring on the FR to
come off and it was blasting around in the drum -all fixed.

Someone broke a driver's side lug stud in the front as well (I"m told this is common *reverse threads*).

Anyway I ordered a complete set of springs and shoes (shoes were on sale for under $7 a side) and will pop them back open when it's warmer and re do everything.
Everything came apart super easy and is in great shape... I have worked on much newer cars that were gigantic pains -she was easy on me.

Back