My 67 newport dash

swisherred

Reaction score
Love the green

20190106_202049.jpg

What did you DO to that poor thing??

Ive always hated the dim yellow lights in the old dashes. Could never see anything at night. When I rebuilt the dash I installed led strip lighting inside the cluster. Nothing is modified other than a small hole for the wire in the back of the cluster.

Hopefully you've got a way to dim those bright lights, so that just the luminescent numbers/letters float on the satin black background? HID projector beam headlight glare is bad enough.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

image.jpeg
It seems distractingly bright. Is it less intense in person? I don't think I could see the road. I like the original better, but to each his own. This is my '68.

I hate how dim my panel is and even tried LED bulbs still too dim. In the middle of rewiring the whole thing with a kwikwire kit and always looking at led strips rather than the current set up for the same reason haha

I need to do the same. My dash lights barely do anything. I want to keep the car as close to OEM as possible, and I'm looking for 6500k color temperature bulbs...slightly blue but not tuner-car dash blue. Anybody have LED sourced they've had good luck with?

Back