My 68 Crown Coupe. The Saga...

The thing was totally unstable over 65 mph. You held your breath and had a death grip on the steering wheel.

Finally stripped down and ready for body work/paint.

Lessoned learned in pulling the trim from the windows/vinyl top: No ammount of patience can prepare you for the torture of wrestling stubborn trim clips.

You going to keep it original?

Matt, it would be cool to have this one parked next to your Imp at Carlisle.......maybe next year. Silver and gold parked next to each other would be very cool!!!

You're going to take out the windshield and rear window as well? Might have some minor rust issues under there as usual.

That'd make a pretty picture!

You going to keep it original?

Mostly.... ;) I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will make it a little more personal to me, but nothing that wont be able to be turned back to stock easily.

You're going to take out the windshield and rear window as well? Might have some minor rust issues under there as usual.

Not sure yet. The window ditches look decently clean, so i'll leave it up to my body guy to tell me if he wants me to pull the glass or not.

I'd like to have it done to drive to carlisle next year. Sadly it wont be done, (and i wont be able to make it anyway) this year.

Not sure yet. The window ditches look decently clean, so i'll leave it up to my body guy to tell me if he wants me to pull the glass or not.

He may not want to mess with fixing it and it probably will need some fixing .. I'd take them out esp if you plan to have it a long time. If you do ever sell it knowledgeable future buyers will also want to know about the body work and what was done / not done. You would be better off in the long run being able to show / tell them it was dealt with during the resto.

If you keep it forever you will still be better off knowing what's under there now .. esp if there are issues a percolatin'

Last edited:
Mostly.... ;) I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will make it a little more personal to me, but nothing that wont be able to be turned back to stock easily.

I'd like to have it done to drive to carlisle next year. Sadly it wont be done, (and i wont be able to make it anyway) this year.

We look forward to seeing you at Carlisle next year!

:sSig_goodjob::sSig_goodjob::sSig_goodjob:

He may not want to mess with fixing it and it probably will need some fixing .. I'd take them out esp if you plan to have it a long time. If you do ever sell it knowledgeable future buyers will also want to know about the body work and what was done / not done. You would be better off in the long run being able to show / tell them it was dealt with during the resto.

If you keep it forever you will still be better off knowing what's under there now .. esp if there are issues a percolatin'

Right on. Gonna pull the glass. Anyone know if there is replacement rubber available for these and where I can get it?

Right on, thanks! I totally forgot about Steele. They have it, along with some other rubber stuff that i'll be needing like the roof rail stripping and those hood bumper things that seem to always be brittle.

Love the Jeep! The Imperial goes without saying. How soon before its painted?

That is wrong in, hmmm.. let's see.
1, 2, 3,,,,,,,4,,,,,,,,,,,,
Yep. In at least four different ways.
Very wrong.

keg4mp.jpg

Here's #1

displayimage.php

Last edited:
How does the first pic compare to the second????

Usually I have to say this to Ross, but, I guess this will go everybody's head.
All these new cars aren't supposed to hauling the once great land giants back from their grave.
And that's a car. Nobody is going to tell me those new things are a truck, SUV, CUV, GFY, whatever. They are cars.
Especially when the new car was designed by Eye-tal-yuns.
I'm not saying it isn't. It just shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Back