My 68 Plymouth Fury III Project...

Progrocker74

Reaction score
Going to need lots of advice and parts, as this is an ever changing project, always adding and taking things apart...
Currently "as of November 1st 2015" I am tinkering with and trying to restore the brakes. It had a conversion done on the front brakes. Having a heck of a time finding parts, such as the elusive D10 brake pads, and rotors. Any help would be most appreciated. 20150517_182202.jpg

20150517_182202.jpg

20151008_154056.jpg
Hedman Hedders.. passenger side didn't work out too well, going to go with another brand for that side. Torsion bar gets in the way..

20151008_154056.jpg

Kool car. You're saying somebody converted it to the Budd 4 piston brakes?

Thanks DETMATT... I couldn't find a pic searching for the D plate... so I tried reverse engineering through the parts catalogue... sometime I get lucky... not today. I only ever saw the Budd brakes first hand once in my teens, they junked the car in the 80's because they couldn't get parts... well, and I think the driveline found a new home. I just remember thinking "Wow, that's a lot of bleeder screws. I was young a never guessed the world was more complicated than mom's 72 Dart, or dad's 77 gm truck.

Yeah those pads went obsolete before the new number system. If your in Chicago or any other decent size city just go have yours relined by a place that does big truck shoes and such and if you ever see a set at a swap meet buy them don't even ask how much and think about it. Smart money is ditch the whole setup and get drum spindles and a scarebird kit which use dodge ram pads you will have a choice of pads at any A.Z. or advance anywhere. Also be ready for caliper to start leaking when you put new pads on.

Cool car...Good luck on the parts there's not a lot of them out there for these old cars.

Not real sure to tell you the truth.. it has centric dial piston calipers and uses the d10 pads. You tell me haha..

What does the interior look like?
Not good.. theres no carpet, someone tried repairing the rear window seal, all the trim is in the trunk. Headliner is coming down. Dashpad is cracked here and there.. dash lights dont work besides the brake warning light and oil light. Seats are good in the back, driver side front has some tears.
Interior is last on my list of worries tho. Brakes and suspension have priority right now.

Back