My 70 300 convertible

70-300conv

Reaction score
Thought I'd finally post some photos of my 70 300. This car was originally purchased by a local pharmacist and he owned it till around 1988. My inlaws purchased from them but being a dealer, never transfered the title so technically I'm the 2nd owner. It sat in climate controlled storage for 20 years till I bought it in June 2010. I've had to replace gas tank, sending unit, fuel pump, carb just to get it running right. I've done tons more including the timing chain, water pump, all belts and hoses, electronic ignition, etc... Future plans are for TTI dual exhaust with HP manifolds, going thru the brakes which were replace in 88 but have a slight grabbing today. In a year or two I'd like to replace the cam and go with some new heads, probably from Aeroheads.

Top down cruising is a blast! Loads of looks and waves, way more than when I drive my 69 R/T. 300 pics 003.jpg

300 pics 024.jpg

300 pics 003.jpg

300 pics 024.jpg

Thanks guys! I also lowered the torsion bars 2 turns and now she sits just slightly lower in the front for a nice rake. I'm not necessarily a big fan of green cars but they seem to find me, and I do like this jade color. With 83,xxx miles it's still wearing the original paint, top and interior. Still some issues to work thru, like the headlight doors. They go up and down correctly but when up the relay buzzes like crazy. Replaced it but the problem persists.

Beautyful car!!!
Green is also my favorite colour but to this day ive never owned one.....
But some day !!! :)

Last edited:
Back