My 74 Imperials

I'm sure glad Chrysler rolled the design over to New Yorker/Newport for 1976-1978.

Does that have anything to do with the fact that you own one?

Sure it does. Imp & Ny'er sales were tanking by 1975. The Imp was out so Chrysler used all the Imp tooling on the 1976 NY'er with a New Yorker front and rear on it and doubled their NY'er/Newport/T&C sales for 1976. A brilliant financial move by Chrysler and it extended the Big C's through 1978.

I fell in love with the Imp in '74.
The pinnacle was in 1978, a co-worker bought a new NYB St. Regis. Couldn't stop looking at it.
The love continued.
This is not a car of the week thing for me. I've been there since day 1.

I'll admit that I didn't see the beauty of the Formals when they were new cars.

How do you choose which one to take each time...
45.gif

Btw, we're pretty much on a first name basis here. I'm Stan and as you can see I'm in rural FL, home of 99% of the whacky news stories in the country. You?
Eney meny miney mo!

Or something like that.

Which one of you guys or friend thereof owns that 1975 Blue Imperial coupe on page 3?? They're all nice but that blue.....!

Look.We all want to take care of,when i had one,cars and all but they are meant to be driven.Even some car museums take their multi million dollar cars out for a leg stretching.And people do enjoy seeing these cars since most have been crushed or destroyed in cash for clunkers.Cars can always be cleaned and detailed and i always loved driving mine in the cold weather,and yes the snow,to.B.B

There is a good side to being overly careful.You wind up with a pristine almost factory condition car.And if he keeps it spotless,then so be it.Better than those *** cakes who let those cars rot in the sun and never drive them.I would just suggest the owner enjoy them as much as he can and don,t worry to much about chips or light blemishes.Just don,t hit any deer.heh.congrats on your beautiful formals.B.B

Back