My buddy sold this 61 recently

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
If you are familiar with Dean (Deans Greasy Flips) on Cold War Motors then you’ll understand my buddy. He’s a lot like Dean. Flips cars & never meet a stranger. Anyway he bought-trade-won in a poker game or somehow ended up with this 61 Newport that he affectionately called the Bat Mobile. He tried & tried & tried to get me interested in the car & kept dropping the price to the point I actually thought about it. I did however agree to buy the 62 Dodge 880 from him. Haven’t paid him but he’s agreed to buy a Dodge van from me that I use for storage so hopefully he & another bud of ours will come over soon with the Rollback & bring me the Dodge & scoop up the van.
3CDE56A0-41E3-47F5-968E-3E588A05123E.jpeg
B8462580-7868-4FA7-BEC0-AFDA975171CE.jpeg
242A346A-EA29-4C1D-823B-EE2C868F6690.jpeg
9C2064B7-2573-4A86-95B6-5F8C8DDA89E8.jpeg

I love Cold War Motors! I'd love to be an "Agent"!

Great story.

I apologize because I do not have my glasses with me but is that the 880? Looks like a 64 not 62.

The 61 is pretty cool looking.

Spotted a yellow 70 Plymouth B something there also.
It’s 70 Road Runner sun lime. They have been gathering parts. It’s back inside the building. Just pushed it out to arrange some if the cars inside.

It’s 70 Road Runner sun lime. They have been gathering parts. It’s back inside the building. Just pushed it out to arrange some if the cars inside.

Wouldn’t be a V code by chance would it? I’ve been interested in finding one I sold in the latter 90s for a while.

Was a 4 speed and painted blue when sold so unlikely.

Wouldn’t be a V code by chance would it? I’ve been interested in finding one I sold in the latter 90s for a while.

Was a 4 speed and painted blue when sold so unlikely.
Not sure. I think it’s a 440 automatic. I’m going to do a video on it soon.

What parts do you need
Clock knob. Possibly the fender ornaments if you have them? Chrome sides that hide the seat hinges. Depending on the color, back passenger side interior panel. Is it an A/C car? If not, depending on shipping, heater box in the engine bay.
Thanks

Clock knob. Possibly the fender ornaments if you have them? Chrome sides that hide the seat hinges. Depending on the color, back passenger side interior panel. Is it an A/C car? If not, depending on shipping, heater box in the engine bay.
Thanks
Ok stay in touch. Car is still over at buddy’s shop

Back