My car doesn’t like it’s new starter

Electrical & Ignition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 71Polara383

71Polara383 Kid with ballcap

Nope you deleted a post I made...

Then asked me why I was calling you out on being a vagina... "Why do you act like this Wyatt"

Threatened to ban me...

Now you are saying you are just using courtesy and reason??? REALLY?

Look. If you took the time to read through what was said that led up to this before scrambling to delete a post that said fuck off... I just hit the red X a couple times. Someone couldn't take it. Tried to make it personal, failed, and I told him to fuck off. My post telling him to fuck off got deleted because of "foul language" but a couple posts up people are calling each other homos? Where's the reason in that?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. tallhair

tallhair Rufus "Mod Hair" Firefly Staff Member

Didn’t appear to be said in anger or to insult the other person.

Maybe I took it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 71Polara383

They were just fucking around, I was using it as an example of the selective policing being practiced here and on all the other forums. But if I say fuck off, it gets deleted. "Calm the language"

You got this guy using my name in all caps shouting and telling me to shove the red x several posts before I started being an asshole...thats not angry?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM
  4. tallhair

tallhair Rufus "Mod Hair" Firefly Staff Member

I can see how some can get irritated at the red x’s and I’ve seen it escalate plenty

I can’t read minds though

First you want no mods whatsoever, I guess no site owner, and now you are upset I didn’t delete enough posts

I deleted the “homo” comment and response because you complained about it, now twice.

What else do you want deleted?

I try to do minimal moderation, I’m never going to please everyone but I try to be consistent, keep things civil, and think before I act. I could delete more, but didn’t.

Perhaps I don’t do enough to suit some and too much for others.

5. 71Polara383

I DONT WANT ANYTHING DELETED YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

WHAT DONT YOU GET ABOUT THAT?????

LET US TALK FREELY!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Toolmanmike

Toolmanmike Super Moderator Staff Member

One down, who's next? You either treat other members and the staff with respect or you will be gone!

7. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

Bryan is NOT an idiot. You know that. Don't play into their den. At this point you are doing what the guy you were arguing with did.
    Yes, the moderation here sucks, very Liberal, partial and biased. I don't believe Bryan to be one of those though. Wish he wasn't a mod.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikedrini

mikedrini Well-Known Member FCBO Gold Member

'Respect' is a relative term and is subjective to those in control of this forum. Clearly that got ridiculous stemming from a conversation about starters for God's sake. Obviously the one dude believes it to be a symptom of a larger problem, but tone is always such an interesting concept in these situations, especially given that less than 1/16 of these guys who love to antagonize are keyboard warriors and wouldn't say crap if they had a mouthful of it face to face. Opinions are like you-know-what and everybody's got one. Stick to facts and the facts show that NO starter has a 100% return rate. Some prefer one to another, some work better in some setups, etc., but that doesn't make them wrong or an A-hole. If you're getting this riled up about a forum, you need to find bigger fish to fry my friend. There are greater tragedies in the world. Free speech is one thing, but if you support what our founding fathers created and know your history, you'll know them to be men of verbal decorum, not pricks. Whatever...I'm done...it's just ridiculous that two grown ass men can't act their age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.