My Chrysler 300Ls

Rocketman426

Reaction score
I am selling a 65 Chrysler 300 and was asked to post some pics of my two other 65 Chrysler 300Ls. So, here they are. None of my cars are restored, but several are complete and run and drive like these two. I got lucky picking these cars up (especially the 4spd L). While most people are looking for Roadrunners and Chargers and Cudas I was looking for 65 300L at just the right time and snagged the 4spd 300L on eBay just a couple years ago for a very affordable deal of a lifetime (at least in my own mind). And yes, the Chrysler 300 club saw this car at Chrysler's at Carlisle for sale the summer before I bought it so the car had been verified and registered with the club as the 26th car of 96 built in 1965. This car has 68k and some change on the odometer, and has sat in a garage in Northeast Pennsylvania since 1974. I know it looks kind of rough for the low mileage, but consider this: the car does not have ANY factory undercoating on it and it has only light surface rust underneath it!
4spd.jpg
4spd 2.jpg
4spd 3.jpg
4spd 4.jpg
4spd 5.jpg
4spd 6.jpg
4spd 7.jpg
300L 2.jpg
300L 5.jpg
300L 8.jpg
I love these cars and grew up with 2 65 Chryslers. My sister and I both learned to drive on a 65 Newport 4dr 383 and a 65 New Yorker 4dr 413. The only cars I remember we ever had all the way from kindergarten through high school graduation were the two Chryslers and a 1970 Dodge Dart /6 auto 4dr.

Love those cars! Can't wait to go cruisin in my 66. That 4 speed would be wild to drive. Thanks for sharing these pics!

Sorry I misstated the 4spd car as being the 26th car built of 96 in 1965. What I meant to say was the Chrysler 300 club notes that this is the 26th 300L 4spd car that they know still exists of the 96 that were built in 1965. Like I said, I am very lucky and blessed. The day I found this car I was just looking for any decent shape 300L auto on the floor console Chrysler, and I stumbled across a 4spd car. I knew how rare they were and knew if I really wanted one that was my chance because it was about to sell at a very reasonable price. These cars glide down the road effortlessly and are very undervalued. Luckily, we are here to preserve and appreciate them and share with the younger generation (I have 3 girls ages 3, 6, and 11) what real style and luxury in an automobile is.

Very nice, great color combo on the 4 speed car.

Very nice 300L's!

Are you coming to Carlisle with one of them?

I would love for my dad to drive the automatic L and me drive the 4spd L to Carlisle, but this year is just too busy for me and my dad is just getting over prostate cancer surgery. We are hoping to do it for next year's Chryslers at Carlisle.

I would love for my dad to drive the automatic L and me drive the 4spd L to Carlisle, but this year is just too busy for me and my dad is just getting over prostate cancer surgery. We are hoping to do it for next year's Chryslers at Carlisle.

We'll see you next year.

Old thread, got sucked into a 'similar thread' listed below some other thread I was looking at...

So *that's* where that blue 300L went. I remember that one on ebay (I monitor 4-speed C's) and was kinda pleased to see the ending price, it was high enough to prevent part-out, high enough that I didn't feel bad for not trying to buy it, yet not too high for the next guy (you) to spend some $$ on it. I think you did good Rocketman, you didn't get a steal on it, but as I remember it looked like a very solid and honest car. IIRC it had snow tires on it in the listing, yet wasn't rusty underneath???

I would mortgage the house and give that Blue Beauty a full-on restoration. Drool...
How about just a home equity loan and you buy/restore my 65 SF 4sp instead???:D

Car just has light surface rust underneath. Which is amazing because it has no factory undercoating. The only rust through on the entire car is about a 1/4" hole on the lower passenger quarter. What does the 'SF' stand for?

Back