My D440 project

24492B27-020A-468B-94DE-F0A053C2FE17.jpeg
4772D37E-BD01-4997-B633-3FB714A20AC4.jpeg
9B6AF2C8-F73D-4370-BDD7-86DC0EFCBC9E.jpeg
4FC215B0-BAE2-42EE-A9EA-51D067C4D2CA.jpeg
I painted the no-hop bars brite red. Nice touch. Really liking my spinners. I ordered a new brake caliper today also. I need to detail it & buff the paint again. All the work I’ve been doing to it has it dirty. I might did through my decal collection & see if I have a pair of Lakewood decals to put on the no-hops. Old school thing.

188B1AF6-4FE1-45A8-8127-8FAF4930716A.jpeg
4805EDB7-AA72-4FE8-9BE6-2E9BA7174F4A.jpeg
8EF5511A-D0F1-4CA4-B9D9-001AB8ED5FDB.jpeg
I decided to go with the round black decals for center of the spinners. Bought from Amazon. I think it looks pretty good. Just hope they last

3697F2DB-56B9-4AC7-ACC2-2BAF8581189D.jpeg
4AFDFE14-5A45-4279-8440-7A23DBDD4101.jpeg
The D440 made it’s first trip down Main Street Youngsville today. Then out a short ways to US1. A few miles at highway speed. Then back into town & home. Truck ran very good. No shakes or vibrations. Darn thing is pretty quick. A lot of work still to come. Much of it cosmetic. 1 project down. 8 to go. Hopefully FURYIOUS will be on the track soon. My goal is to also get my 300 & my Belvedere on the road this year.

CEB89D74-CF52-4216-B082-09FF3BE31235.jpeg
DF4CC049-C9FA-40B1-9DAF-688A20936CB7.jpeg
This evening after traffic had eased up I took the D440 out for a spin & attracted the attention of this guy. Looks to be an Aqua green F100. Had a cowl induction hood & some kind of aftermarket wheel. Didn’t get a good look at those. I never got a chance to see his tailgate either. I’m sure it’s nice. Sorry for the poor photo but the sun was right behind us. Yea I plan a spray in bedliner as soon as I get time.

bob , was the second pic you running away from that ford ? i'm thinking you hit the throttle and the wheels came up , and phone shot a pic through the windshield at nothing but sky !

bob , was the second pic you running away from that ford ? i'm thinking you hit the throttle and the wheels came up , and phone shot a pic through the windshield at nothing but sky !
LOL, no she’s not that strong. I think the Ford was running a small block.

2592F061-6369-4D62-8959-51A8653B3671.jpeg
Well she’s developed a miss at hard mid throttle. I took my neighbor for a ride a few days ago. He’s one of the best mechanics I have ever been around. He thinks electrical. Saturday Wollfen was over & I took him for a ride & he agreed it felt like something electrical. Man it sucks. I had it running so good & had dived hard into FURYIOUS making a lot of progress on it. Now I got hone my tuning skills & figure out where this miss is comming from.

View attachment 193541 Well she’s developed a miss at hard mid throttle. I took my neighbor for a ride a few days ago. He’s one of the best mechanics I have ever been around. He thinks electrical. Saturday Wollfen was over & I took him for a ride & he agreed it felt like something electrical. Man it sucks. I had it running so good & had dived hard into FURYIOUS making a lot of progress on it. Now I got hone my tuning skills & figure out where this miss is comming from.
Spray the wires and other ignition parts with water in the dusk hours or in the shade... I've found tons of ignition failures with a spray bottle. Under load is a textbook insulation failure symptom.

Spray the wires and other ignition parts with water in the dusk hours or in the shade... I've found tons of ignition failures with a spray bottle. Under load is a textbook insulation failure symptom.
They are new MSD wires. However last summer one got up on the header & burned a spot on it. Truck still ran ok so I didn’t worry about it. That could be it though. Maybe it’s worn through.

They are new MSD wires. However last summer one got up on the header & burned a spot on it. Truck still ran ok so I didn’t worry about it. That could be it though. Maybe it’s worn through.
It sucks when new stuff fails... and worse when you know it's your own fault.

I wouldn't toss it without testing first, but secondary insulation begins to burn through under heavy loads (biggest voltages) and only gets worse as a carbon trail forms.

My thought is a plug or plug wire
If Bob's cheap like me... he may want to replace just the one that's causing trouble... I do silly stuff, like hold onto at least one old set of wires JIC I need to reuse one.

I fall off my wallet after I know if got the problems beat most of the time.

Ok in park sitting in the driveway when I rev it up. At 2200 RPM it starts to miss & pop out the exhaust. It gets worse as it revs higher. Disconnect the vacuum advance at the distributor & plug the hose and it revs smoothly up to 3000 rpm. No miss or piping. Thinking I have a bad advance canister.

Back