My dad passed last night in his sleep. Been with him and therefore away from FCBO.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My dad has been in the hospital for the past two weeks. He was 80 with many serious health problems. We almost lost him back in March. We learned on Friday that his body was shutting down and that he would be moved to hospice so my wife and I got a plane to Florida Saturday afternoon and got to see dad at the hospital Saturday night. My 2 brothers drove straight through and arrived early Sunday morning. We took mom to see the most beautiful hospice facility on Sunday and dad was moved there Sunday night and he passed peacefully in his sleep last evening.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have several conversations with him to have spent most of the past 2 days with dad, mom, my wife and my brothers.

When things settle down I will get back to anyone that is waiting for a response from me and get caught up on FCBO happenings.

My family and I are doing okay. It's never easy but my dad has had a rough 2 years and a poor quality of life and he was ready to go.

Sorry to hear this, will keep your family in my thoughts. My dad passed a tick over a year ago, sort of unexpected but going downhill for last 5 years.
It sucks no matter the circumstances.

Sorry to hear this, Bill. Be well and take care of yourself and your family.

Bill you're family is in our thoughts and prayers. God bless and take comfort that your father is in a better place and at peace now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Sorry for your loss, may he R.I.P..

My dad has been in the hospital for the past two weeks. He was 80 with many serious health problems. We almost lost him back in March. We learned on Friday that his body was shutting down and that he would be moved to hospice so my wife and I got a plane to Florida Saturday afternoon and got to see dad at the hospital Saturday night. My 2 brothers drove straight through and arrived early Sunday morning. We took mom to see the most beautiful hospice facility on Sunday and dad was moved there Sunday night and he passed peacefully in his sleep last evening.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have several conversations with him to have spent most of the past 2 days with dad, mom, my wife and my brothers.

When things settle down I will get back to anyone that is waiting for a response from me and get caught up on FCBO happenings.

My family and I are doing okay. It's never easy but my dad has had a rough 2 years and a poor quality of life and he was ready to go.

Bill: So very sorry to hear this sad news. You and your family are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. Life is never the same after Dad is gone.

Sorry for your loss. I lost mine about a year ago as well, he was 91 and in decent health until the end. As much as it sucks for the living, at least your dad doesn't suffer anymore.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's fortunate you were able to be there and talk with him before he passed.

My dad died just over a year ago. He was 73. The reported cause of death was complications after a heart attack, but I think his symptoms were actually undiagnosed sepsis originating from an infected diabetic sore on his foot.

With our condolences
Funeral-Quotes-for-Dad-Meme-By-Clarence-Budington-Kelland.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

Both of my parents are gone. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them and miss them.

Back