My dad passed last night in his sleep. Been with him and therefore away from FCBO.

Very sorry for your loss brother.. I lost my Dad in Feb.. unlike you, didn’t get to see him before hand.. you were fortunate in that respect. For what it’s worth, if there’s anything I can do for ya, please feel free. I’m in westchester NY, not far from you in CT. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family..

My condolences on your loss. I am glad you were able to be with him. When my Dad passed I missed it by an hour. I was with my mother when she passed 9 months ago. Either way it's not easy. Time heals.

Sorry for your loss. I lost mine 2.5 years ago at age 63. For those who understand drag week vocab, he was my trunk monkey and I've missed him dearly.

I'm sorry for your loss Bill... I was just down this same path a little over a month ago (9/4/18). My dad was 90, same type of situation, failing health over the last couple years, and a losing battle at the end. I too was lucky enough to say my goodbyes and thank him for all he did for me. That was huge, in coping.
Take care our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless.

I lost my mom at 89 and dad at 93. both very similar circumstances. I think of them often but in a way that celebrates their lives. Mom was a artist and I have some of her work around me, dad..... well one year I gave him a fathers day card saying" Thanks for showing me the signs dad..... My way or the highway" We always got a good laugh about that.
Honor and celebrate his life. It's what he would want

Will.

I'm sorry for your loss Bill... I was just down this same path a little over a month ago (9/4/18). My dad was 90, same type of situation, failing health over the last couple years, and a losing battle at the end. I too was lucky enough to say my goodbyes and thank him for all he did for me. That was huge, in coping.
Take care our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless.
Sorry to hear that Kenny. Somehow I missed that.

Very sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

All I can say is I know how this feels, lost my Dad two years ago at 80, he had a very productive and influential life, he was a great person and friend too as your Dad must have been, so you feel the loss at that level also. It helps to consider how lucky I was to have him all those years, and that his demise wasn't long and painful.

lost my father 22 years ago. sorry for your loss, but remember all you've had, knowing it might not have been. all your adult life, your problems, your accomplishments, you were able to share with him. life's a gift we don't appreciate enough. how's your mom?

Last edited:
Back