My Friend Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Emery Passed Away at 74

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm sad to report that my friend Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Emery has passed away from complications of pneumonia. He was 74.

We've been friends since 1996.

Semper Fi my dear friend.....

DSC01177.jpg

Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Emery was the Drill Sergeant in Full Metal Jacket and was in over 80 movies including Apocalypse Now. He also was the Technical Adviser in most of the war movies he appeared in....

Sad day. Rest In Peace Sergeant.

RIP,sorry to hear. Loved him in Full metal jacket.
" Private Pyle, your *** looks like about a hundred and fifty pounds of chewed bubblegum!"
"Get your fat *** up there! I'll bet if there was some pussy up there you would get up there, wouldn't you?"
It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's *** and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."

Interesting? |
Share this: Facebook | Twitter | Permalink

Always enjoyed his movies RIP

I was fortunate to be able to talk to him for days and days through the years....especially when he visits Aberdeen Proving Ground. He loved shooting the big stuff and the latest and greatest "stuff" we were testing. I asked him what his favorite movie was and he said Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That caught me by surprise. Of course Full Metal Jacket was his next favorite movie.

The last stanza of the Marine corps hymn goes like this, "If the Army, and the Navy, ever look on Heavens scene, They will find the streets are guarded, by, United States Marines." He got called away to stand another post. R.I.P. Gunney.

Back