My friends are getting old

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
and crawling into the back seat from the front doors were making them whine all the time everytime we went out to dinner so I bought two more doors to shut them up. The extra doors came with this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...86165235&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT

zvac1d.jpg

This one will keep its Torqueflite.

The actual little old lady owner just called to tell me the title is being over-nighted.
I've been dealing with her daughter-in-law.All the paperwork will be in the car including the window sticker, sales invoice and every maintenance & repair record ever performed on the car.
People have been hounding her to sell them the car for years but she ddn't want to sell it to someone who wouldn't love the car. She saw my website and said "That's the guy"!
The car has been stored inside since day 1, and was only driven in the summer. She allowed her husband to drive it 2 times all these years.
She bought the NYB because she bought a new Imp every two years and when the '76s came out Sorry, pal....
After '78, she saw what happend to NY'ers and said, screw it, I'm keeping this forever..
The same mechanic has worked on the car since new. When he retired from the dealership, she kept bringing the car to him.
The thing she feels the worst about is that the paint is getting thin from being waxed so much !!!!!!!!!

When she moves here to Sebring in October, she's going to call and come see the car.
Her name is Ann Penn.
I'm going to check to see if I can get a plate that says that.

Very nice story, similar to mine. She tells me she still cries about selling the car, even after 7 years. They ordered this convertible because they had heard they were to be no more after 70'. Her name was Adleen, which is a unique name, I wanted that on the tag but 1OF842 I felt was more for the breed. So when I talk to her( the car) or about her I address her as Adleen.........everyone knows who/what I am referring to.

:love4:

One of the best parts of the hobby can be when a vehicle comes with a story and you can share them with those who can appreciate them.

Thats true, you'll have to keep us updated on when the original owner makes her move to Florida and post a photo of the visit.

beautiful car Stan, its nice to see old drivers still out there. I wish my 76 Newport had a better roof. id denfinitly make it a driver then, but then if I idd that, you wouldnt get the interior out of it. btw- Still havent gotten it home yet.

Back