my friends fathers crown imperial

pomonamissel

Reaction score
just what your crown owners know about a crown that was purchased new and stayed in the family ever since , she can recall all the family vacations that were taken with the views of the world pass in by on there way to a new destination . well her dreams will still be around but the car will not , sorry to say . it was lost to the recent fires here in the south sfba (loma prieta). sitting were dad parked so many years ago . sorry no pics of it yet , she lost not only her dads car , but their whole rig , house , barn , gen shed , ect .... their whole lives wiped clean by the blaze .

That's very sad to hear. The first thing that I think of in wildfires and floods is the wellbeing of all of the people affected but I can't help having secondary thoughts about all of the treasures that can't be saved.

detmatt , if you are in the woods , keep a clear thought on them , but the only thing that matters most is saving yourself . but it wouldn't hurt to clear the brush and trees from around them as well , you know the stuff thats keeps them from sun n weather damage , seems to be a catch there , 22 is it . well our best is what we can do , right . hopeful its enough . she thought that giant oak tree would be the best to protect it , its what took it . keep them safe as you can .

Mine live through that opening, high and dry and not a tree in falling distance. I do drive them almost daily during the season though and you just never know what can happen out on the street.
IMG_4537.JPG

wow dude , cool ride . real 71 r/t rag . very rare bud , had a ht of one . traded it for a couple engines were building for my maxwedge 63 sf
Scan0015_0015.jpg
Scan0020_0020.jpg
and a saltflats 38 dodge p/u . he's a cam grinder . got trained by the best of the old timers , harvey crane , john delong , ect ..... he sent time with crane at crane's house in sunny florida for some 5 years while he went to harvey cam design school , i know john delong here in san jose . my dad work a shop as a kid were john was in charge of building the sponsors race cars for the brother's that owner the shop . just for roundy round'ers tracks , no drags back then . roadsters mostly , 32 n 29 ford bodies on 32 rails , flat fords . it was a body shop , so their were always bright shinny machines out there on the tracks and with delong building the motors they won , unless it went through the fence . well you can imagine , my dad pitted for the cars , he got put off racing . well you love it or you don't , right . and i've been glued to the fence ever since my first race he bought me to as a kid . he should have know , keep a kid away from it . well doesn't draw them closer to it . i build stuff that my dad is proud of sometimes . he don't want to drive it , but he see whats beyond his schooling , i just tell its from building n break'n racey cars . he still does not understand the chrysler corp cars thing , i tell its the only cars that can handle my foot , lol . to quote him '' man he drives fast'' . my mom taught me passing gear in her 61cad couple da ville . she was my mom , but ''she was a fast women '' well in a car that is , lol .

05190027.jpg

00060010.jpg

00060011.jpg

00060012.jpg

00060008.jpg

Attachments

• scan0007.pdf
    420.5 KB · Views: 239
Wish I could see the tags a little better but looks like N code with ac, same as my vert only the vert is a JH car as you couldn't get a JS27 in '71.

i think only 4600 r/t challengers h/ts were made in 71 . i had given him a choice between my two challenger r/ts i had at this time keep n da r/t with the carrillo rod 440 6pck in it , funny thing i like cuda's better , bought this challenger r/t for the motor trans combo for my 65 sat comdo , there is a story on that car . my room mate in the mid eighties bought and sold a few challengers , even cut three , one 70 r/t , 71 and a 72 . both wrecked hard , today they would have save them both . but i was after there parts , the 70 r/t orange wht top n interior , 340 4spd . guy was horsing around in a parking lot got chanced by the rent-a-cop , went to leave through the wrong driveway . well it had a steel post sticking up bumper high , he don't even see it . bent the car right down the middle , sucked the front fenders under the hood , broke the crank off , blow up the bell housing , broke the shifter mount bracket , broke the input bearing and clutch release bearing colar , stuff the drive line into the trans , well yes that car got bent up the middle hard , bent the trans tunnel big time too . it was not bad rust wish , would have made a race car from the shell without a floor , room was short then . it had to go , there were more to buy . we even traded a 72 rally one to are maid , that cleaned up the castle for us . we always need more time to party , lol . send lots of money on them time though .

Scan0007_0007.jpg

Scan0013_0013.jpg

i think only 4600 r/t challengers h/ts were made in 71 . i had given him a choice between my two challenger r/ts i had at this time keep n da r/t with the carrillo rod 440 6pck in it , funny thing i like cuda's better , bought this challenger r/t for the motor trans combo for my 65 sat comdo , there is a story on that car . my room mate in the mid eighties bought and sold a few challengers , even cut three , one 70 r/t , 71 and a 72 . both wrecked hard , today they would have save them both . but i was after there parts , the 70 r/t orange wht top n interior , 340 4spd . guy was horsing around in a parking lot got chanced by the rent-a-cop , went to leave through the wrong driveway . well it had a steel post sticking up bumper high , he don't even see it . bent the car right down the middle , sucked the front fenders under the hood , broke the crank off , blow up the bell housing , broke the shifter mount bracket , broke the input bearing and clutch release bearing colar , stuff the drive line into the trans , well yes that car got bent up the middle hard , bent the trans tunnel big time too . it was not bad rust wish , would have made a race car from the shell without a floor , room was short then . it had to go , there were more to buy . we even traded a 72 rally one to are maid , that cleaned up the castle for us . we always need more time to party , lol . send lots of money on them time though .
So what year was it that you bought a Challenger R/T as a donor for a '65 Satellite?

well detmatt , the 80's are a bler , of the wife , n then no wife , lol . and booz , partying , swapmeets , buy'n selling cars , girls . and of course collecting . i would say between 84-88 . some where in there . i started collecting to enhances my years of retirement . saw what the market was doing , and had money come in to spend on investments . life has its ups and downs , i've had 68-69 rr n gtx two at a time in the stable charger r/t cars , i started a little company called roadtoysunlimited , that was fun , got me deeper in . it was a way to get cars and parts , and store them . got money in stuff not the bank . can be hard to spend but i don't require alot to live . not to say its just a money thing with me , if it was i would done chevy's or ford's because of there flowing fan base and lots of cars to pick from to sell . it seams that the chrysler guys here are all into e's and b's . and they say their mopar guys . not to rag on but mopar is the parts line . even a vintage calendar , lol .
DSC07688.JPG
DSC07686.JPG

Back