IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

YM23T1C211836 is a beautiful car! Can you tell us more about the car’s history, where it’s going to, and what you did to bring it back to this shape?

Why did you sell it? Are you willing to let us know what it sold for $$ wise. Did it stay in the U.S.?

Do I spy a brown 72 sitting next to it in the shop?

On a side note: In the beginning of the 1971 model year, A/C was still an optin for Imperials and the LeBaron two-door hardtop had a base price of $ 6,005.00 (without A/C). This specimen with a VIN sequence number of 211836 was probably built some time in spring of 1971. Judging from the window sticker, manual A/C (which had an MSRP of $ 489.95 before) and tinted glass -- all windows (previously retailing at $ 58.45) must have had become standard fare on Imperials while the car's base price was increased by $ 627.00 to $ 6,632.00 at that time. Talk about a hidden price increase of $ 78.60.

This car came from California and we did restore it at my shop, I do love Imperial and drive some very often, it's going to France, yes we have many more including a 1972 Bronze coupe//

The old "Dealer Prep" padding the profit. .. yes dealer and ca collector, and we got to live.... is that not good..

"and what you did to bring it back to this shape?".. full body paint, upholstery restoration, etc.., the car was completely brunt by California sun..

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

Given the condition of the car when you received it, I am hoping you actually made a profit. To do so, I would estimate it had to sell north of $20K? Did you advertise it in the U.S.?

Where in California are you located and who did the restoration of the seats in your car - your shop or someone else?

Could you send me a private mail with your contact information, as I might have some work for you to do?

Thank you.

Was not advertised in the US ..We do everything at the shop including upholstery, sent a MP..

YM23T1C211836 is a beautiful car! Can you tell us more about the car’s history, where it’s going to, and what you did to bring it back to this shape?

I found the answer to my question: this triple-black '71 LeBaron coupe was previously owned by @TX9 (who sold it in 2018). The page showing the French importer is here (thanks to @ImpJay).

PS: @oliver, the present thread is the answer to your question.

Last edited:
Back