My junk yard find

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I made it back out to the junk yard in my area. I was only about 10 miles away, the sun was out no breeze so the 30's felt just fine. This yard had a 65/66 New Yorker and Newport. I bought these 2 door pulls. I am still amazed at how good they look. These cars have been sitting outside for years.

I didn't even realize until got home that there is actually a left and right side, and fortunately the good ones in each car were different sides. The others were toast because both of those doors were left open. There is not a single crack in either one. When I was cleaning them up I kept thinking, where are the little hairline cracks, but there were none.

Door pulls.sm.jpg

Door pulls.sm.jpg

Nice find. One of my favorite things to do is rummaging through junkyards.

Local scrapyard has a '68 Polara I have been meaning to see what I can't rob off it, I love yards that still have the older vehicles, especially yards that let you remove parts yourself.

Nick

Nice find by the way, even the set from my parts car were wore out, surprised those ones weren't after sitting in a yard for years.

You just stumble into good luck. Must be clean living.

I seem to have had a good run here lately. I also got word today that Murray Park has a rear panel that I needed. I was going to try and repair it, but now I'll just replace. This is good because the 2 cars in the yard today didn't have any of the heavy gauge plastic I need for a repair. I discovered that thick plastic is only in the convertible.

A good day at a junk yard is more relaxing than sex........you never go there expecting anything but you have hope and the junk yard doesn't ask anything in return and on even a day when you find nothing you usually leave with a smile on your face.

Northern yards usually have nice vinyl. If I make the planned trip to Idaho this summer I am planning on seeing some yards

Back