My mind haz been wondering

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
And no smart *** remarkz pahleez. While surfing FCBO yesterday evening I went on the electrical site and then I harkined back to my build on the Batwagon. One thing I did on that build was splice it a blade type fuss block from ah mid '80s LeBaron 'cuz the old Buss fuss block waz toast and then I thought, I wonder when Mother stopped using the old bar type inch long buss fusses? I had no answer. Anybody have an accurate answer for this Ole Dawg? Late '60s? Somewhere in the '70s? Newest FSM in my library iz '72 Plymouth Chrysler Imperial and THAT seams to show the Old Bar Buss Fusses. Come on guyz, I'm out of sleeping pillz, AND GIN, Jer

I do not have a accurate answer but best guess, early eighties depending on car line.

My 79 Horizon I'm pretty sure had glass tubes. My 82 024 I can't remember glass or blade.

Last edited:
4 dayz and 120 hitz and only my friend Dave takez ah shot at it? Lookz like I'll never know the answer, whimper whimper. Already on page 8 and soon to sink into oblivion?

I was about to do the same, but we already have another satisfied customer as it seems.:D

And this 'Ole Dawg iz crying tearz of joy. I should have figured this subject had been thoroughly covered before. All took place ah few monthz before I found my new home here on FCBO in the fall of '12. Thankz all you Gear Headz, I'll sleep well tonite, Jer

My 1978 NYB, even though it was designed with a brand new "glass fuse" box design.....ended up being another 1978 only invention by Ma Mopar!

4 dayz and 120 hitz and only my friend Dave takez ah shot at it? Lookz like I'll never know the answer, whimper whimper. Already on page 8 and soon to sink into oblivion?
Sorry Jer, missed the opportunity to get in early... AKAIAC there isn't one cutoff... but as others have mentioned, later 70s to early 80's most switched to ATO/ATC... then it really went to hell when the giant variety of today began... Like an entire rack to cover the glass fuse needs wasn't bad enough, a lot of the newer stuff are expensive too @ $15ea.

Back