My new ‘64 Imperial convertible

Congrats on the new ride, Love a vert!
Have you follow up with the shop on the seats?

The guy that I bought the cars from did make several attempts and to this point has not had his calls returned. I’ll be given the number of the shop so I can continue trying.

The guy that I bought the cars from did make several attempts and to this point has not had his calls returned. I’ll be given the number of the shop so I can continue trying.
If you can, go there, they can't avoid you as easily if you're standing right in front of them.

On Sunday I drove back to finish the deal on the cars and the rest of the parts. I didn’t feel like nor did I think I needed to drive my van there this time so I took the LHS for comfort and better fuel economy. Boy did that turn out to be a mistake for a couple of reasons...
First one being that I underestimated how many parts were left there. I filled up the ‘95 and still had to use the majority of the free space inside both Imperials.:eek:
The second reason why I wished I would have driven the van is that the trans went in the Chrysler when I was still 4 hours from home:mad:.
Anybody want to buy an LHS? It runs good and has new drive shafts but needs a trans. I wouldn’t mind getting my tow bill back out of it but I don’t think I will.:BangHead:
Xenon showed up and it was great to meet another member from this board. We will meet again I’m sure!:thumbsup:

Still waiting on the transport.

E791D500-C9A8-4E4E-9E1D-FBBD378191C3.jpeg
632F2B3D-E825-4B30-924E-D97A3B465194.jpeg
9D239C60-E396-4804-975E-2BD1B1BEEEDD.jpeg
0E8B852E-EB82-474B-86AB-A589A2EA1744.jpeg

On Sunday I drove back to finish the deal on the cars and the rest of the parts. I didn’t feel like nor did I think I needed to drive my van there this time so I took the LHS for comfort and better fuel economy. Boy did that turn out to be a mistake for a couple of reasons...
First one being that I underestimated how many parts were left there. I filled up the ‘95 and still had to use the majority of the free space inside both Imperials.:eek:
The second reason why I wished I would have driven the van is that the trans went in the Chrysler when I was still 4 hours from home:mad:.
Anybody want to buy an LHS? It runs good and has new drive shafts but needs a trans. I wouldn’t mind getting my tow bill back out of it but I don’t think I will.:BangHead:
Xenon showed up and it was great to meet another member from this board. We will meet again I’m sure!:thumbsup:

View attachment 244029 View attachment 244030 View attachment 244031 View attachment 244032
That's a haul, nice packing skills. :thumbsup:

No, I’ll make it all fit!:lol:
This was the first trip.
24558987-74A1-4F9C-93BF-3D7003106EF7.jpeg
CB95E5A4-F062-46D0-844F-53BFDC505FB2.jpeg

View attachment 244029 View attachment 244030 View attachment 244031 View attachment 244032

Dayum, Matt! Very sorry about the trans taking a dump on you. Maybe this bad karma is pay-back on you for scoring such a good deal on all that Imperial stuff? :BangHead:

Dayum, Matt! Very sorry about the trans taking a dump on you. Maybe this bad karma is pay-back on you for scoring such a good deal on all that Imperial stuff? :BangHead:

The LHS got jealous with all the attention on Imperials and threw a hissy fit more likely.....:poke:

That or the 3000 extra pounds of parts Matt threw into it exceeded its GVWR

That must of been one hell of a deal.

Why did the guy give up on the Imps?

The LHS got jealous with all the attention on Imperials and threw a hissy fit more likely.....:poke:

That or the 3000 extra pounds of parts Matt threw into it exceeded its GVWR
I thought of that but The load I had probably didn’t weigh as much as 3 more adults so I just figured it was the 165K on the clock.
That must of been one hell of a deal.

Why did the guy give up on the Imps?
He died....

It only took me 20 years to get mine to look like this. Hopefully you won't take that much time!View attachment 244105
Lol! I can’t afford to make this one look that good before 2 of my of my other cars are made to look that good so I just want to turn it into a driver first but we’ll see.

It has every option available. But it didn’t come that way. I added power vents, door locks, auto pilot, trunk release, tilt wheel, am/fm with reverb, and right hand mirror. I also found a nice set of parade boots. It was built as an A/C car with SureGrip. So it is FULLY loaded now.

Back