My "new" 1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham

fakirone

Reaction score
I have been helping a guy clear out his Mopar collection here in Georgia. He now lives in Nashville and has ran into some health issues so the cars all had to go. I have sold several of them and my reward in my 76. It has sat in this "lot" (it's a damn field that was full of bamboo and other trees) for around 12 years and needs some love, but I like her a lot and I hope to do her justice.

I know that many will say it is not worth saving, but I hate to watch cars disappear and get junked, so i am doing it anyways.

It cleaned up rather nicely. Looks like it has aged gracefully?

Congrats and enjoy!
CBODY67

It cleaned up rather nicely. Looks like it has aged gracefully?

Congrats and enjoy!
CBODY67
She needs a little more help than these pics would lead you to believe, she a lady after all, but I'll get here there.

Will you be able to get the dirt/grease off the Velour Seats?? The body cleaned up well! Good Luck....at least she won't go to a "Demo Freak"!

Will you be able to get the dirt/grease off the Velour Seats?? The body cleaned up well! Good Luck....at least she won't go to a "Demo Freak"!
The seats actually aren't very dirty, the vacuum cleaned them right up. But they are VERY sun faded.

She needs a little more help than these pics would lead you to believe, she a lady after all, but I'll get here there.

It's always nicer when the outside and interior still look pretty good, to be able to justify investments in the other things . . . like new rubber in the fuel system and such. I always believed these cars had quality materials in them, as the earlier C-bodies tended to. Your car tends to prove that. Hope the seat velour has not become fragile with age!

When the cosmetics look good, your dreams of having a great car seem more viable, as any investments will be in maintenance items. IF the paint and such were not so good, with "patina" as some call it, then many would just say "money pit" and go on. Even if all that was needed might be a coat of paint. One's heart could be in the right place in either scenario, just that others might not understand that if the cosmetics are not there.

It'll be a bit easier to put a "hard shine" on that Chrysler Acrylic Enamel that it might have been 40 years ago. It'll look really nice when done, I suspect.

Congrats, again! Please keep us posted with your progress,
CBODY67

Didn't have much time, but started cleaning up the interior some. She purdy under there.

F9C6A229-5B43-401E-AD1B-F95B6A0CDC17.jpeg

0CCDC906-B17B-45A8-90ED-82CB400556DA.jpeg

Back