Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
1965 300L

4HWSLSU.jpg

J37Vakd.jpg

d243TjC.jpg

Great looking. 2 questions. 1. Do you live on navy base? 2. Is there something different with the taillights?

Great looking. 2 questions. 1. Do you live on navy base? 2. Is there something different with the taillights?
No, I don't live on a Navy base. That's where the previous owner stores his collection of cars.

The early versions (this is an early car, with a build date of 11/25/64) had that style lenses. They went to a red lens with 2 bulbs somewhere along the line. BTW, 11/25/64 was my 10th birthday!

Great score! Great color combination!

Congrats,
CBODY67

Very Awsome car! My younger brother bought one about 2 yrs ago, blue/ black. Spent a bunch rebuilding the motor, but cancer took him before he ever got to enjoy it. Enjoy that one!

Are those disc brake wheel covers legit or false advertising?
They are more "place holders" and they have to go back. The previous owner didn't care for the original wheel covers. It's a drum brake car, no discs available until 1966.

Honestly, I'm struggling with a wheel choice... I'd almost like to stay with the stock wheel covers... But that's a 14" wheel and that limits my tire selection.

Wow! A/C car? Oh no, did you get rid of one of your others?
No A/C and I'm breaking my "only 2 cars" rule by keeping everything.

My son does really want the brown 300... So if it goes, it will most likely go to him.

They are more "place holders" and they have to go back. The previous owner didn't care for the original wheel covers. It's a drum brake car, no discs available until 1966.

Honestly, I'm struggling with a wheel choice... I'd almost like to stay with the stock wheel covers... But that's a 14" wheel and that limits my tire selection.
Ah, good point. I forgot about 66 being the first year. Those are my favorite factory slab wheel covers (other than the 66-68 Imperial). Just do a '73 disc swap and call it good.

Back