My "new" Commuter

shooter65

Reaction score
I brought a "new" commuter home today. I took a job working in the city/Pittsburgh and wasn't looking forward to trying to find parking in my 2012 2500HD SLT 4x4.

I drove this home from Youngstown and am VERY happy so far. It seems everything is working, the guy a bought it from is a Mopar guy also and probably as OCD as I am about his vehicles.

I think I did pretty good for $3500.

These are the pics from the CL ad, been raining hard since I got home so I haven't taken any additional pics yet.

upload_2018-6-23_14-58-46.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_14-59-0.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_14-59-16.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_14-59-30.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_14-59-42.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_14-59-52.jpeg

upload_2018-6-23_15-0-3.jpeg

Appears to be in really nice shape. I am sure you will enjoy it. Trucks are nice for many purposes, but a car for commuting and finding parking is so much nicer IMO. Looks like yours has low miles given how clean it is.

Yes, comparatively low, 117K, not bad for a 3.5L. This car was definitely loved throughout it's life. I've always been a fan of the LH cars, we had a 96 Intrepid that we bought new and I wish I would have not sold but you can't keep them all.

You can tell this car was loved... I'm always amazed at people who list a car for sale and don't even bother to take a vacuum to it.

Very nice. With an interior/exterior that clean I always think the owner was just as dilligent with his service as well. That was a pretty expensive car when it was new. I am sure it will be an enjoyable commuter.

You did very well my friend! That is also a "pro-am" edition (2-tone seats that should have been a regular option).

Has the timing belt been changed? Early 3.5s (gen 1) are non-interferrance engines, later (as used in yours) are not.

Of course they have their own forums, Lhforums.net and dodgeintrepid.net. They dont have the stirring discussions we have here, more along the lines of "best translucent paint for my headlights"... but if you ever have to remove a door panel or something, they'll know every hidden screw.

If you ever want to warm up that interior with real wood, I have a complete extra set. (It was an option.)

I love my LHS, I've put about 70k on it since I bought it with 90k. It's been in MI since 2010 and still shows no rust. Sunroof and AC still work good. I like the extra trunk length on mine, but yours should be slightly easier to park I suppose.

Good luck and enjoy it.

You did very well my friend! That is also a "pro-am" edition (2-tone seats that should have been a regular option).

Has the timing belt been changed? Early 3.5s (gen 1) are non-interferrance engines, later (as used in yours) are not.

Of course they have their own forums, Lhforums.net and dodgeintrepid.net. They dont have the stirring discussions we have here, more along the lines of "best translucent paint for my headlights"... but if you ever have to remove a door panel or something, they'll know every hidden screw.

If you ever want to warm up that interior with real wood, I have a complete extra set. (It was an option.)

I love my LHS, I've put about 70k on it since I bought it with 90k. It's been in MI since 2010 and still shows no rust. Sunroof and AC still work good. I like the extra trunk length on mine, but yours should be slightly easier to park I suppose.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Thanks. The previous owner did a ton of maintenance including reworking the entire cooling and A/C and the timing belt as well as some other things. I may take you up on the wood accents but I still have to sync the garage door openers and key fobs for my wife and I's seats/mirror adjustments. Yes mine is the Pro Am Edition. I'd like to find a set of the golf clubs that came with the Pro Am Ed, that would be a cool accessory to have. The Golf Club storage components are still available at Mopar.com but they're $500+ so I'm not sure I'll go to that expense yet.

Nice find! That is a lot of car for $3,500. Very nice looking too. I am fond of the LH platform cars. They seem to be a natural fit for us C-body guys. Plenty of power, leg room & style. 117K is nothing on these cars when they are maintained. I have an '04 Concorde Limited as my daily driver. My first LH was a '97 Concorde LXI. Good luck with your new ride.

I brought a "new" commuter home today. I took a job working in the city/Pittsburgh and wasn't looking forward to trying to find parking in my 2012 2500HD SLT 4x4.

I drove this home from Youngstown and am VERY happy so far. It seems everything is working, the guy a bought it from is a Mopar guy also and probably as OCD as I am about his vehicles.

I think I did pretty good for $3500.

These are the pics from the CL ad, been raining hard since I got home so I haven't taken any additional pics yet.
Nice car, congrats... I hate those... only because I'm stupid tall and the genius designers took away the wonderful headroom the earlier LH cars had.

In every other way, I think these are very good cars. So I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with her. Been a lot of years since I searched for parking downtown... I'll bet it's still no fun. At least this cocoon should help with enjoying the traffic a little more than the P/U.

LOL, I'm having a tough time this weekend, I'm feeling very old. I had to look up what "QFT" meant. When registering the car, the AAA customer service girl said, "Wow, thank you for being a member for 29 years". Same response from the Allstate agent, "Thank you for 32 years as a customer". I had the impression I've been a member longer than either have been alive. Ugh......

Yes, comparatively low, 117K, not bad for a 3.5L. This car was definitely loved throughout it's life. I've always been a fan of the LH cars, we had a 96 Intrepid that we bought new and I wish I would have not sold but you can't keep them all.

I have driven the 94-97 LH cars and the later versions such as yours. In the end, I prefer the early versions, but the later ones were still very good cars. To me, though, they lost a lot of the supple, nimble feeling and seemed bigger than I needed and lacked the earlier version's great visibility, but the later versions such as your new one were significantly faster.

Back