My new ride: 1973 Crysler Imperial Coupe

HemiFury1973

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some of you may still remember my traumatic experience when 3 months ago my 73 Fury Coupe had crashed to the sea on its way to me. It was in a container that fell from the vessel. The fury was on its way from a very pleasent guy in NY to my place, in Israel.

I will spare you the photos of the car when pulled from the sea a month later. It was not a pleasent sight.

Well, i then started to find a new ride to compensate me for the loss.

And then i find her: 1973 Chrysler Imperial Coupe. Two days ago it arrived safely to my parking place.

I am an Imperial owner now and a very proud one.

Hemi

20130413_113510.jpg

20130411_161141.jpg

20130411_161117.jpg

20130411_161059.jpg

20130411_161043.jpg

Your going to enjoy this car I love the wheels on your car also it really makes the car that much nicer and you can't forget about the interior. My car is posted 2 spots down from yours are interior looks exactly the same How many miles does your car have?

At least statistically you should never have trouble with shipping such a car again now after this experience. :)
Congrats.

Your going to enjoy this car I love the wheels on your car also it really makes the car that much nicer and you can't forget about the interior. My car is posted 2 spots down from yours are interior looks exactly the same How many miles does your car have?

Thanks an congrats for your car also! Mine has 82,000 miles on it.

I know you will enjoy this car it is the nicest riding car and 82,000 mi its not even broken in

If the Fury would have been delivered to you as expected. Would you have still bought the imperial. I must that your car is even more rare with the moon roof you must have every option that came with this car in 73. Is this car all original or did the old owner do any sort of restoration on it

That is a very nice looking car, I bet its nice to drive.

On the other car, is there anything salvageable? I actually would like to see pictures of it.

Congrats on this awesome purchase.

I too woud like to see what a month under the sea does to a C-body. Congrats on recieving a fine Imp!! Did you get an insurance claim on the fury to help fund the Imp purchase?

I too woud like to see what a month under the sea does to a C-body. Congrats on recieving a fine Imp!! Did you get an insurance claim on the fury to help fund the Imp purchase?

The reason i do not post pics of the Fury here is that i don't want to hurt its previous owner's - a forum member - feelings.

I respect the guy, he took a great care of the car and loved it, and i want him to remember the car as it was when he passed her to me.

Yep, I remember those pictures. Salt water was not kind to that car.

The reason i do not post pics of the Fury here is that i don't want to hurt its previous owner's - a forum member - feelings.

I respect the guy, he took a great care of the car and loved it, and i want him to remember the car as it was when he passed her to me.

You're a good man Hemi, that's very respectable of you.

Thank you! Yes, the color is slightly different but hey, it's yellow :)

That Y2 Sunfire Yellow was one of the best colors for Imperial for that year IMHO. Glenn, the previous owner of your Imp was a professional detailer and did a hell of a job keeping on top of your Imp's paint and finish; It looks fantastic!!!

I've said a few times before if it wasn't a sunroof car, it would be in Maryland today! I agree, that is one of the nicest Imp's I ever seen. And well taken care of most of it's life.

Back