My New Ride - 67 Newport Custom

Barry S

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey there, folks. I've had my Newport for a few weeks now and am having a blast with it! (Mopar Nats and several cruise nights) I see several others have shared pics of their C Body rides, and I thought you might be interested in seeing a few of mine.

Backstory - I've always wanted a classic Mopar, but while my wife and I were raising our four sons I never had the funds. (College and weddings are kind of pricey) Our youngest is now out of college and living on his own, (and isn't getting married for another year) so I thought I'd start looking. The Mopar Nats were coming up and I really wanted to take a car of my own. My target car was a 67 Newport 2 door because my folks had one when my wife and I were dating a loooong time ago and we went lots of places in it. I came across what looked like a really good one, and it was only 2 and a half hours away - in PA. (I'm in the Buffalo area) After a road trip with my youngest son, father in law, and brother in law - who has built several B and E bodies - I knew I'd found my car. The transaction was made, and I became the very proud owner of this fine Chrysler.

The car is a 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom that is unrestored. I don't consider it a survivor since it has some non OEM parts on it (the transmission was rebuilt in 2009 and most likely aftermarket parts were used). The paint and interior are factory original and look really good. The car was built in the Jefferson Ave plant in Detroit on May 15, 1967, and was sold new in Eau Claire, PA on May 24th, 1967. The car was owned by the original owner and his family in Butler, PA until 2017, when it was purchased by a collector in Sheffield PA. The collector intended to put a 440 6 pack in the car, but once he got it home it was so nice and original he couldn't bear to take it apart. After having it for many months and doing some routine maintenance, he wanted more room in his garage so he put an ad in a local website, which is where I found it.

I have the original window sticker and bill of sale, the fender tag is in place, and I did hit the holy grail! - the build sheet was under the back seat and is in really good condition!

As pictured, the only thing not original are the Magnum wheels. The car came with steelies and wheel covers, which also came with the car. What do you think?

IMG_7184a.jpg

IMG_7186a.jpg

IMG_7199a.jpg

IMG_7255a.jpg

IMG_7261a.jpg

IMG_7215.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

IMG_7237.JPG

IMG_7253.JPG

Welcome to the site from Minnesota. That's a beauty of a car you have there! Very nice.

That's a beauty! Love the color. Sure doesn't look like an upstate NY car. Must not have seen any winters.

You might want to consider pulling the build sheet before it gets worn thru any more and making a color copy to put back under the seat. Put the original in one of those clear plastic jackets with the paperwork for the car.

Beautiful car.

Dave

That color never get old to look at. I second removing the broadcast sheet from the seat and storing it in a sleeve.

You might want to consider pulling the build sheet before it gets worn thru any more and making a color copy to put back under the seat. Put the original in one of those clear plastic jackets with the paperwork for the car.

Beautiful car.

Dave
Thanks for the suggestion, Dave. I did pull the build sheet and will be taking it to be laminated.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave. I did pull the build sheet and will be taking it to be laminated.

If you plan to show the car do not have it laminated, that is considered an alteration. A slightly worn build sheet is preferable as a lot of them left the factory showing minor damage.

Dave

Welcome aboard from a fellow '67 Newport Custom owner! You found a wonderful car, especially in Turbine Bronze. With it's original paint and interior, there's no question that it really is a true survivor car.

Jeff

That's a beauty! Love the color. Sure doesn't look like an upstate NY car. Must not have seen any winters.
From it's condition it seems to me that it probably has been garaged since it was new. It also has factory and aftermarket undercoating which I'm sure also helped. I'm trying to reach the original owners son to get more info on the history of the car.

Lose no sleep about any internal parts that are not original. Survivors have a well maintained original appearance.

If you plan to show the car do not have it laminated, that is considered an alteration. A slightly worn build sheet is preferable as a lot of them left the factory showing minor damage.

Dave
Thanks for the guidance, Dave, I didn't realize that. I'll put it in one of those sleeves you mentioned instead.

Lose no sleep about any internal parts that are not original. Survivors have a well maintained original appearance.
Thanks - I read the lengthy thread regarding what's a survivor, and there are differing opinions so I didn't want to misrepresent the car.

Back