My new (summer) daily

Very nice Carsten, how's the interior?

here is a pic of the enginebay and interieur.
It has 66k original miles and is unrestored. It has about 75% original paint

the 300 was (is) a nice driver.

I owned the black Imperial more than 10 years ago when I first imported it. I had a lot of projects going on back then and a good friend said he would like to have it and it would reduce my car headaches. So I sold it but I was always unhappy that I didn't enjoy the Imperial enough myself. So I told the owner to let me know "if he ever wants to sell it again". That happened now after ten years so I gave the little turtle to another good friend of mine

Your new "driver" looks great and obviously well maintained its whole existence. You can look down on those silly Mercedes S Class cars and Maybachs now although you may not be able to blow their doors off. But that isn't what these cars are made for - which is snob appeal. You are definitely on top of the world now. Enjoy!

thanks Steve. You know the car it belonged to Thomas Eckert in CA from 2000-2004

Man, that's nice inside and out! Glad you got it back!

it looks better in pics than in reality. It has its fair share of dents, dings and scratches.
Seats are correct 1970 Imperial seats but it came with a bench from the factory. The second owner in california changed it to buckets.

Carsten

thanks Steve. You know the car it belonged to Thomas Eckert in CA from 2000-2004

So that is where his car went! You must have sorted through a lot of little niggling details then as I remember that car very well now. I often wonder what ever happened to Tom.

It had a lot of small defects. My buddy Jens went to most of them. Right now pretty much everything is working only the AC needs to be recharged. My buddy Jens had contact with Tom 3-4 years ago. AFAIK he doesn't have any Mopars right now

Wow. Daily driver? You must not have much of a commute, what with the price of gas in Germany!

Nice car.

Back