My Rim resto turned out WHEELIE Nice!

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I picked up a set of 1981 Doba rally rims the other day,

They are 15" × 7"

At first glance they looked decent shape but you know me not leaving well enough alone i bead blasted the back side of the rims to clean them up

Then turned to the fronts and cleaned away.

I polished as best as possible then repainted the insets to mimic the magnum 500 series i currently have.
I have to clear coat them still

I think the 1st one turned out wheelie nice
tmp_27688-IMG_1878-1292021773.JPG
tmp_27688-IMG_18831091514351.JPG
tmp_27688-IMG_1884733221111.JPG
tmp_27688-IMG_1885-1012089012.JPG

Once done i have a set of Cooper Cobra GT's to mount

RWL's of course!

Thanke Mike I got to dress my Polara up in preparation to meet up with Goldie in September!
I have to make a good first impression if they ars going to be BFF's :lol:

Goldie is looking forward to the meeting, and she'll like his new shoes :lol:

I have a set of those in decent condition. They were on My dads 67 fury when he bought the car. (Part of the reason he purchased the car) But for about 15 years we tried everything and could never get the wheels off. Guy who put them on used the wrong Lugnuts and was impossible to get a socket on them. Ended up cutting one off the car.

That looks really good, but you do realize that they won't look right on a Polara. They are much better suited to a 300 and I would help you make that happen :D. Please substitute turquoise for the black.

That looks really good, but you do realize that they won't look right on a Polara. They are much better suited to a 300 and I would help you make that happen :D. Please substitute turquoise for the black.

No Red is much better on 300's
:thumbsup:

I have a set of those in decent condition. They were on My dads 67 fury when he bought the car. (Part of the reason he purchased the car) But for about 15 years we tried everything and could never get the wheels off. Guy who put them on used the wrong Lugnuts and was impossible to get a socket on them. Ended up cutting one off the car.
A nice chrome 3/8 drive thin wall socket often works... but you might need to find someone with a Snap On brand one to do this...
Amazing... Which?
Amazing how nice the wheel came out? Agreed.
Or amazing how fast our Canadian brothers started trying to sell the "emperor new clothes":poke:Especially Doba... what is he up to now like 600 sets of wheels... it is concerning... there are underprivileged C Body children in the US who have no Road Wheels ya know...:rolleyes:

A nice chrome 3/8 drive thin wall socket often works... but you might need to find someone with a Snap On brand one to do this...

Amazing... Which?
Amazing how nice the wheel came out? Agreed.
Or amazing how fast our Canadian brothers started trying to sell the "emperor new clothes":poke:Especially Doba... what is he up to now like 600 sets of wheels... it is concerning... there are underprivileged C Body children in the US who have no Road Wheels ya know...:rolleyes:

I only have 598 sets.... I am trying to share them out with my Canadian and American C body Brethren but no one is coming up with the cash!

Reminds me of Whimpy from Popeye sometimes...

Beautiful, after seeing your results you may inspire me to get out and do the wheels on my wife's Vue.

Back