SOLD My RT Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have posted my RT Charger for sale on CL. Here is some pics and the text, cheers,
Gary

1968 RT Dodge Charger

I have for sale a 1968 RT Charger 440 auto last on the road in 1976. I bought this car in 2012 with the idea of restoring and driving it. I spent the first few years working on all parts of the car, especially the body, I cut out all rusted panels and replaced them with new metal, most of it being AMD panels. After the car had all rusted metal replaced I sprayed body deadener on the bottom to duplicate what the car originlly had. The car was coated in Eastwood Black epoxy primer before before grey primer(also Eastwood) and them rubbed back, I applied Medium Green metallic top coat then clear coat over that. In the pics you will see on the front of the car where the process of rubbing the clearcoat back has been started.
Mechanically the car had all the suspension, seals, rubbers etc replaced as well as new brake cylinders and new rear brake drums. All suspension components were coated in paints to duplicate the original factory finishes. There is a brand new tank to fit as well as sender unit too.
The engine and gearbox while there will need rebuilding but there are some new parts for that. The HP exhaust manifolds are there.
Interior most of the dash components have been refurbished and is ready to assemble. As well as new glove box. The front seat frames have been stripped and painted and are ready to have new foam put on. The rear seat frame is stripped but is yet to be repainted. There is a brand new set of seat covers for the front and rear. The brake pedal and accelerator pedal assy as well and the park brake assy have all been refurbished too. There is also a new headliner as well as new carpet and trunk mat. The door panels will need work and the dash still needs new pads. The steering column has been rrefurbished and is ready to be put in. The steerig wheel simply needs a cleaning as it has no cracks at all. The heaterbox has also been refurbbished and a new motor put in. The center console has yet to be touched but is complete with the floor change assy. There is a new set of window felts as well.
There is a brand new rear bumper and overriders ready to fit, the front bumper is in very good condition, no bends or rust. It will need rechroming though. The grille assy has been gone through too and is ready for assembly. There are many other miscellaneous new parts to go with it too, like a full set of brand new Charger Badges and RT badges.
Now the parts that will be needed to complete the car are, a new windshield and rubber, exhaust system and tires. As well as a radiator. Also a vinyl top too. Other than a few minor things that is all the major parts needed.
The car has now sat for about 18 months without me touching it and I have decided to sell it to someone to finish.
The car comes with a clear title in my name. I want $20 000 for everything and will consider a part trade of another Mopar. Send me your phone number via email and I will call you to discuss the car further if you are genuinely interested in purchasing.

painted3.jpg
painted6.jpg
Bodydeadener_zpscb2a5c7a.jpg
frontendparts_zpscec87d36.jpg
heaterbox4.jpg
instrument cluster.jpg
diffparts_zpsb33a8648.jpg
parts5.jpg
parts7.jpg
repaired grille.jpg

I just lost heart, too many projects and it just kept soaking up more money, it still needs about $5000 to finish it.

Gary:

Very sorry to see you let go of this car. I remember seeing it during one of my visits; it is a very good car. Are all of your Sport Furys crowding it out?

Hi Gary,
good luck in selling it.
Chargers are the hottest Mopars on the market right now.

Selling it in "as is" condition is possible but you could get a way better return if you would complete it more. If it has a Fender Tag/Broadcastsheet and has the matching engine you could fetch up to 50k being completed

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back