My Rust Repair job just got a lot easier!

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Thanks to Mark Z. on the Moparts.com my rust repairs just got a whole lot easier!
Also thanks to John for pointing me in the right direction!:eek:ccasion14:

I found out that the Canadian Polara/Monaco has the Fury Floor pans and rear frame rails from this adventure with Mark's help cross referencing part #s

This floor pan is from a 65 4dr and it is the perfect match for my convertible!

The part # for this forward section fits all the Fury's and Polara/Monaco model and we guessed the US model Polara's have a longer rear pan extension simply from different part #'s listed
Mine is the perfect length already

20150128_191942.jpg

20150128_191949.jpg

Last edited:
Hours of fun right there! Blair makes the best spotweld cutters.

Isn't that called ...."installing a floor pan"? :poke:

Now now... play nice.:yes_no:

Since I have a convertible it should be easier other than slicing the floor pan at the front near the firewall..
That's where having fun cutting and splicing should be good fun trying to make it look pretty. :)

Hours of fun right there! Blair makes the best spot weld cutters.

Strange you mention that Matt. I broke 2 of the Balir units within about 30 spot welds being cut.. the little guide pins break real easy..

No Will, installing is just one part of the whole operation. Before you install you must Uninstall! That's the hard part! :eek:ccasion14:

Not for me, saws all, cut off wheels, grinders or torch!

All with a gentile accuracy though!

Strange you mention that Matt. I broke 2 of the Balir units within about 30 spot welds being cut.. the little guide pins break real easy..

You must keep the bit perfectly straight. No wiggle room literally! A good deep center punch helps a lot too.

I was using a Snap On/off drift punch as well but with the rust I found I could use a chisel to pop the old sheet metal up which as actually faster since the sheet metal was not a concern to me!

I was using a Snap On/off drift punch as well but with the rust I found I could use a chisel to pop the old sheet metal up which as actually faster since the sheet metal was not a concern to me!

Yes that is the best way to remove the rusted floor but when removing a good floor to put back in another car you don't have any choice but to remove every spot weld.

This is what Mark was able to do on the donor floor pan. He did a great job supporting the pan with 2"x3" and 2"x4"'s to keep the twist action to near zero.

Last edited:
Some good thread cutting oil on hand to dip the cutter in also helps.

Don't know this product, not used in Europe, but if they're basically the same as the spot weld drills I use, a Little oil used while Drilling and low RPM will let them last way longer, with the Little Body work I do These days they last for years.

Back