my sanity has been saved

jct

Reaction score
after 12 years i'm back where i belong used to own a 71 FURY III 360 which i sold it back in 2003 due to the fact i didn't really like fixing the car every other month with what little money i had. bought a brand new scion xA back in 2004 cause it has that toyota dependability... and it never breaks, which just wore me down and began to hate driving all together.

been casually searching for a new car for the past 6 years was looking for a /6 a-body but they are asking for too much for the amount of work they need, thankfully i found this 68 in much better shape and a lot more car for the price i paid with in my budget with change left over

P1030771_zpslcawykzm.jpg

P1030772_zpsglgjlqee.jpg

P1030774_zpshla1wg0c.jpg

P1030775_zps12axc5bk.jpg

P1030773_zpsmd90grgo.jpg

P1030794_zpsyyy09ujq.jpg

P1030778_zps2cntnzha.jpg

P1030777_zpsvikhmtav.jpg

P1030776_zpsufwge1x8.jpg

P1030780_zpsjf8hqn4x.jpg

CAR: Chrysler Newport 4 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: October 19.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR:
PAINT: Burgundy Metallic.
OTHER: White Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
14: Sill Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R2: Music Master AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)

abc OPTIONS:
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
j0: Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Beautiful slab side Chrysler you have there, just needs white walls when you have to replace the tires.

Welcome to the site from Minnesota! That's quite the land yacht you have there!

P1030779_zpsidkcu2vb.jpg

P1030781_zpshoinhice.jpg

they welded the mounting bracket crooked :facepalm:
P1030782_zpsdtgyvsni.jpg

P1030783_zpsfjly64ko.jpg

P1030784_zpsy25cbhdh.jpg

P1030785_zpszhrfew5w.jpg

P1030786_zpsus9n9arw.jpg

glove box inside a glovebox. i'm so easily impressed
P1030787_zpsvgex2y9w.jpg

P1030788_zpsggtvc2eh.jpg

P1030789_zpsprbp7umj.jpg

Hey ! Welcome to the asylum. Very nice car you have there. From Indiana ? Hell. . . The trunk floor ain't even rotted out. Other rust looks to be minor. . . For now. . .

Welcome and congratulations.
In seriousness, I love the trunk.
It's dry and solid and has all the parts for the jack and a spare.
You just don't see that anymore and says a lot about the car.

Welcome and congratulations.
In seriousness, I love the trunk.
It's dry and solid and has all the parts for the jack and a spare.
You just don't see that anymore and says a lot about the car.

the spare tire is not correct, missing a tire iron, hold down, lots of small things i need. and a few things i need to do before it's road ready that's up to my safety standards (that's not "eh good enough")

the trunk does leak from the seam joints at the trunk seal area... i figure, fix the priorities then tackle the rust

the last of my photos

P1030790_zpsecmf1vqm.jpg

speed-o states 100 gps states 67mph
P1030792_zpsgcyq83al.jpg

P1030791_zpsytblxvxb.jpg

P1030793_zpssv5va0n1.jpg

and the normal rust

the frame is soild and a few holes size of silver dollar

Dang! You new guys with the 4-doors are starting to make me feel inadequate with only 2! Welcome, nice car!

Welcome and not a bad car. I just love all the green trees in the background. Too bad I hate the weather most of the year. Although, with it hitting 100 here today and tomorrow, I'm not a big fan of that either.

Nice Newport. Maybe not on the bent PSP bracket jct. Loosen the lock down and pivot bolts and get under it after you safety block the front end up. Take a 24" pry bar and take up the slack in the belt from the UNDER SIDE WITHIN THE MOUNTING BRACKET and have your helper lock down both bolts from the top side while you're holding the tension on the belt. WHEN YOU PRY FROM THE BOTTOM INSIDE THE PS BRACKET WITH THE PRY BAR YOU GET A STRAIGHT PULL THAT YOU CAN NOT DUPLICATE WHEN YOU PRY FROM THE TOP. If the bracket is just sprung you're good to go. If it's truly bent, stick a shorter pry bar in from the front and bend it back 'til it's straight and then follow the above procedure to tighten it from underneath and then go for a cruise, Jer

the pulley is out of wack... already replaced the bracket with another floating bracket, i already have another used ps pump just haven't installed it yet... not on the top of priorities atm

Back