My Summer Vacation, 2017... Junkyard Hunting, Family and Carlisle.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
As promised, I am starting this thread to document whatever I find during the junkyard hunting... If any one would like me to bird dog specific parts for specific cars, I will be happy to. If I have the ambition I may be able to pick up and bring to Carlisle. Pictures of the car and the part would be a big help to me trying to find stuff.

I will be near Pittsburgh the weekend of July 7,8 and 9th for anyone over that way who would like to recommend a cruise night. I'll be running around Ohio the 10th and 11th... the 12th I'll be trying to find my way back towards Carlisle.

I will post my "finds" here as often as I can.

Have fun Jeff!

Junkyarding is my 3rd favorite thing to do.....

Hopefully I may be able to make to Carlisle for a day.

Have fun Jeff!

Junkyarding is my 3rd favorite thing to do.....

Hopefully I may be able to make to Carlisle for a day.
You know lots of us look forward to seeing you again... you can drive anything but the pickup :rolleyes::thankyou:

You NEED to pay for the tent space at Carlisle by locating any 70/71 Polaras and documenting them for me .....pretty please.

You NEED to pay for the tent space at Carlisle by locating any 70/71 Polaras and documenting them for me .....pretty please.
By now I should know as much, but a gentile reminder never hurts.:thumbsup:

As promised, I am starting this thread to document whatever I find during the junkyard hunting... If any one would like me to bird dog specific parts for specific cars, I will be happy to. If I have the ambition I may be able to pick up and bring to Carlisle. Pictures of the car and the part would be a big help to me trying to find stuff.

I will be near Pittsburgh the weekend of July 7,8 and 9th for anyone over that way who would like to recommend a cruise night. I'll be running around Ohio the 10th and 11th... the 12th I'll be trying to find my way back towards Carlisle.

I will post my "finds" here as often as I can.

You would be happening around Chicago area would ya? I'm looking at the road wheels from "Captain" that he selling but don't wanna ship.. looking for someone coming / going that way to Carlisle.

You would be happening around Chicago area would ya? I'm looking at the road wheels from "Captain" that he selling but don't wanna ship.. looking for someone coming / going that way to Carlisle.
So far that looks like about 400 miles added to my trip, but while I'm not ready to commit to it, I will leave for consideration JIC I find something else to pull me that direction. If you find he is willing to send them a bit closer to my route, start a conversation and we can see if we can work something out. Right now I have a pick up in Lima Ohio and a meal possibility just over the border in IN.

Note to self... look for these:
3.jpg

Easy.....it will be sitting right next to the 1978 wiper cam.

Either find one from a donor car or have the one you have rebuilt.
I was actually trying to remind myself to watch for the early disc brake boosters that seem to be difficult to find... If I find a master/booster from a 4 wheel disc setup, it's a given those parts will be coming home.

You don't have use for a used wiper cam anyhow...:lol:

I was actually trying to remind myself to watch for the early disc brake boosters that seem to be difficult to find... If I find a master/booster from a 4 wheel disc setup, it's a given those parts will be coming home.

A used 78 big wiper cam is useless to me or anyone else. Something very inferior with that sp ecific plastic material. I had 3 used big wiper cams and all 3 crumbled and disintegrated while I was handling them. I have a thread somewhere explaining this problematic situation and then moved on to fabricating a small cam fix.

Jeff:

If you are referring to the 66-68 disc brake boosters, please pick one up for me too. In addition to reimbursement, there will be BeerCoin. . .

A used 78 big wiper cam is useless to me or anyone else. Something very inferior with that sp ecific plastic material. I had 3 used big wiper cams and all 3 crumbled and disintegrated while I was handling them. I have a thread somewhere explaining this problematic situation and then moved on to fabricating a small cam fix.
I shook one of those hands... If I was a crappy plastic bushing, I might crumble too:thankyou:

Jeff:

If you are referring to the 66-68 disc brake boosters, please pick one up for me too. In addition to reimbursement, there will be BeerCoin. . .
Rip it was you that I had foremost in my mind... just have to see what I find this year.

BeerCoin is going to take off... I'm getting in on the ground floor:D

Bumping this up a little... I may already have a derby (I think) contact with a small amount of Formal parts in PA and the old derby leftovers of a 74 Imperial in OH... I will be trying as many of the old yards as I can... but once you see it in pictures here, I will already be somewhere else. If anyone wants me to look for something... post it here, POST A PICTURE, please... don't assume I know what I'm doing when it comes to your model.

In case you find these 2 small things for a 1965/1966 New Yorker...

The map light switch assembly for the cars equipped with power antenna (mounted on the rear): it has a second switch, for the antenna (left side).

Part-1.jpg

And the Safeguard Sentinel dash sensor cap, or the whole sensor with its cap. As far as I can tell, it spreads several years, not specific to 1965/1966.

Part-2.jpg

:thankyou:

Back