MY Unicorn X RARE 69 Monaco 500 Convertible

The L code 375hp 440 Magnum got the unsilenced air cleaner. The "lo-po" 350hp 440 got the dual snorkel air cleaner.

View attachment 546786
Interesting, coming from the a-body world it wasn't something I paid attention to, the CHP car had the dual snorkels and my convertible had it as well. I know it is correct for the CHP car as I have period pictures showing it, I just assumed it was correct on the convertible. Hmm?

Alan

Did the Canadian HP 440 cars use the silenced air cleaners in 69?

Ala

Interesting, coming from the a-body world it wasn't something I paid attention to, the CHP car had the dual snorkels and my convertible had it as well. I know it is correct for the CHP car as I have period pictures showing it, I just assumed it was correct on the convertible. Hmm?

Alan
Never say never with Ma Mopar!
Not to mention some things were done differently at the Windsor plant compared to U.S. plants.

Mine.....also a dual snorkel.......
1658764764596.jpeg

Never say never with Ma Mopar!
Not to mention some things were done differently at the Windsor plant compared to U.S. plants.
I noticed the brochure shows the unsilenced air cleaner, while the text stated a double snorkel unit.

Same picture used as the Charger brochure.

69_Charger0010~2.jpg

Also shown, but listed, in the '69 Plymouth fury brochure.

69_Fury0009.jpg

I noticed the brochure shows the unsilenced air cleaner, while the text stated a double snorkel unit.

Same picture used as the Charger brochure.

View attachment 546795

Also shown, but listed, in the '69 Plymouth fury brochure.

View attachment 546796
Interesting, the Dodge one as well, looks like on the Dodge it has Dual Snorkels with automatic transmissions. 440 in a 69 C-body could only have an automatic. Stock pictures.

Again, Canadian may be different.

Alan

The 69 golden sport fury with the orig 440 super commando from a member here does have a unsilence aircleaner iiac.......?!
So maybe it,s a plymouth thing...

My latest purchase has arrived 1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible DP27L9. For you Mopar diehards you know what that means. While all 69 Monaco 500 convertibles are rare. Only 347 were made. Of those 347 there were ONLY 2 made with the Optional 440 Magnum. So this is a 1of 2 car. Extremely rare. Also all 69 Monaco 500 Convertibles were built and sold in Canada. She has been sitting for a long time and is a bit of a mess right now. But its all there and complete. Special thanks to CB Towing service of Cornwall for bringing her to me safe and sound! The following pictures are of the car as it arrived untouched by me.
Kevin Carpenter
69 Monaco 500 Convertible
68 Newport Custom

View attachment 544183

View attachment 544184

View attachment 544185

View attachment 544186

View attachment 544187

View attachment 544188

View attachment 544189

View attachment 544192

View attachment 544193

View attachment 544194
nice car im so jealous

i was there both days with kevin mccabe.
i left around 1130 on sunday.
i was dumb, before i left bc i should have posted here asking about who else might be there - i will be there next year

I went to check out this Monaco today!! 318 car. Oh my what a mess but does have some decent parts, especially convertible trim, bumpers, hood, grille, etc, etc. Has blue interior buckets console. Shocked that the windsheild is not cracked at all. I can buy the whole car for cheap so I probably will and strip what I can. You can see in the 1st pic what I was up against. I had to trample everything around the car to see it. LOL!

monaco1.jpg

monaco1a.jpg

Monaco2.jpg

monaco4.jpg

monaco5.jpg

Monaco6.jpg

monaco7.jpg

monaco8a.jpg

monaco9.jpg

Monaco10.jpg

Back