My view of the Ocala show.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well, another Ocala show is in the books. I'm not convinced the Florida Mopar Association is really a Mopar club. Perhaps the Florida Metric Association would be more appropriate. They can't seem to get a handle on the different models of Mopars or what is correct. Very few purest cars and they are lumped in with heavily modified car classes. they finally recognized C body's but think they came about in 1960. Forward look doesn't register to them.
There were more Metrics in attendance than real Mopars.
Weather was iffy with a storm blowing through Ocala early on the opening day. It didn't effect much though. the Friday dinner and party was fun, A loud live band. I was to busy working with Big Easy Mopar Association to get pictures.
Show car turnout was a little light as was the swap area. I think the weather kept a lot of folks away
It was great to rub elbows with Dan, (rapid transit), from Michigan, Jeff, (cantflip) and his girl Viv, and Rip, (ripinator). The FCBO compound got lots of use.

Some pictures......

DSC06179.JPG

DSC06180.JPG

DSC06181.JPG

DSC06182.JPG

DSC06183.JPG

DSC06184.JPG

DSC06185.JPG

DSC06186.JPG

DSC06187.JPG

DSC06188.JPG

Last edited:
I apologize for the quality of some pictures. This event is held at a horse park and the cars are displayed on a dirt floor in an large open sided arena. Lighting is florescent fixtures about 30 feet up in the rafters. Not good for photos. Dark inside with glaring light around the parameter. Hard to get good focus.

DSC06189.JPG

DSC06190.JPG

DSC06191.JPG

DSC06193.JPG

DSC06194.JPG

DSC06192.JPG

DSC06199.JPG

DSC06197.JPG

DSC06198.JPG

DSC06196.JPG

Sunday, after the awards ceremony, the place emptied out. Jeff and I stayed and had the place to ourselves. Camp fire that night. and broke camp Monday morning.
Overall had a nice time. The best part for me was the Friday evening dinner/party and the drive there and back in the Polara, It got a little exciting when we almost ran out of gas going to dinner Sunday evening. coasted to the pump on fumes and the Polara took 23.788 gallons to fill a 24 gallon tank. Gas gage quit working, but I was able to buy a new tank unit in the swap.

DSC06175.JPG

Sunday, after the awards ceremony, the place emptied out. Jeff and I stayed and had the place to ourselves. Camp fire that night. and broke camp Monday morning.
Overall had a nice time. The best part for me was the Friday evening dinner/party and the drive there and back in the Polara, It got a little exciting when we almost ran out of gas going to dinner Sunday evening. coasted to the pump on fumes and the Polara took 23.788 gallons to fill a 24 gallon tank. Gas gage quit working, but I was able to buy a new tank unit in the swap.

View attachment 416187

Very romantic picture there, Will. I still hate you. . .:poke:

Awesome, thanks for the photos! Good to see a lot of six-pack cars, but I really like that early 70s Newport, one of my favorite C Bodies!
Thanks,
77newyorker440

I know I enjoyed talkin everybody’s ear off! Get me with old mopars and good peeps, I’m good. Yakking about Cruisin Woodward back in the day or laughing about the drivers on I-75 on my way down. Figure I’ll stay down here for the length of the govs. shut-down back home.
Jeff, tell Viv she has to hit Carlisle next year to see a real mopar show. This show would a so-so cruise night back home. But the company was great guys!

Back