My Wagon Got Rear Ended Today

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Stopped at a red light and the kid wasn't paying attention and BOOM! I'm ok although I'm sure my neck will hurt tomorrow as my head snapped back pretty hard. Good thing is he has insurance (Gieco). Five minutes after I got home from the scene Geico was already calling me and has accepted liability and already assigned an adjuster. The hard part is going to be finding parts. I definatly need a tailgate which is 69 Monaco only. My biggest fear is they will total it due to lack of parts and try to give me $500 for it. Not gonna happen though as I have been dealing with insurance companies for years doing paint and bodywork. Here's pictures of the carnage. PC280010_01.jpgPC280011_01.jpgPC280012.jpg

PC280010_01.jpg

PC280011_01.jpg

PC280012.jpg

Damn!!! Thats painful.... I bleed for you brother
Moment of silence

69 Monaco Only? Polara wont do?

Man that sucks! Hope you don't hurt too bad tomorrow. Seems you could'nt miss a cool car like that if you were right behind it!? Hope you can find the parts you need as well.

Polara wagon tailgate will work but I don't know if I've ever seen a 69 Polara wagon. I've seen a few other Monaco's but not Polara's.

It looks like there may be three years that will work for you. I gotta find that local car and trade you the gate for some fenders

Theres a 70 polara wagon that shows its face now and then. I gotta search I guess

Naw. The kid screwed up but he admited fault and had insurance so while I'm not happy about it what the heck. That's why they call them accidents.

Sorry to hear man! I'm always afraid of something like that happening. Especially with the way these Floridians drive.

You have my sympathies....been there done that. Hope you can get everything back to "pre-accident" condition.

Considering straightening the part out, doesn't look absolutely hopeless in the pics ?

I can understand wanting all our hardtops and sedans but WhyTF fer'ners want our wagons too is beyond me. Bringing chickens and goats to market?

I can think of a couple of other things.

Besides that cultivating ( in design and equipment )the SW was one of the most influencial accomplishments of American design that spread over to the other markets, first through their European companies then adopted by the others. I think we have about 50 % SW in passenger car registration. Got a soft spot for them as well, daily driver is a Volvo 240 SW.

Was one of the first SW in the tradition of the US SW from GM sister Opel, also sold through Buick dealers as captive imports.

24007_1237814675963.jpg

24007_1237814675963.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that sucks, but the main thing is that everyone is ok. Any harder and you might have had some quarter damage as well. Best of luck with the claim, hope it all works out in the end. What did the other car look like?

Back