My wish list

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys on here know i am focusing on buying a 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury Coupe once i sell my charger but i figured i would also show a couple of pictures here of the two forward look cars that would cause me to be distracted from that goal, heck even in convertible form too. The first is a 1960 Chrysler 300 and the second one is a 1957/58 Chrysler Imperial.
1960-Chrysler-300F-Special.jpgchrysler_imperial_1958_schwarz_4.jpg

1960-Chrysler-300F-Special.jpg

chrysler_imperial_1958_schwarz_4.jpg

The 70 Sport Fury would be cool... I had a Sport Fury GT myself, but that 300 would be the one I wanted first.

Two very elegant machines right there, great choices!

The 60 vert 300 F is my number 1 lottery car. So cool in every way, and the biggest reason this car is on my list too, just 2 words Cross Ram.

1960 300F Cross Ram.jpg

1960 300F Cross Ram.jpg

All drop dead gorgeous and desirable cars but after seeing Jer's Batwagon, the bar was raised to an unobtainable height for me.

Posted via Topify on Android

Why is is called a cross ram?

Ram is the short term for "Ram Induction". Induction is the means of moving the fuel/air mixture from the carburator to the combustion chanber. On the cross ram set up the carb on the right side feeds the engines left bank of cylinders and the carb on the left side feeds the right side.... hense "cross ram"

Here are some original, unrestored 300 letter cars that are here in Birmingham. A 58, a 61 and a 62. The 61 is loaded with options and drop dead georgeous ...... The white 62 is said to be the last car that Marilyn Monroe was photographed with.
Also A shot of Jazebelle hanging out with some heavy hitters.

DSC06988 (Large).jpg

DSC06989 (Large).jpg

DSC06990 (Large).jpg

DSC06991 (Large).jpg

DSC06994 (Large).jpg

One thing that Carlisle has taught me, and this site also is a deep appreciation for these cars between the styling and the engineering they are impressive cars hemi's, torsion aire, cross ram big blocks, electronic fuel injection, push button trans, electroluminescent dash lights, etc. I mean look at the stuff on that list and all of it is on today's cars as commonplace and Chrysler was putting this stuff in cars almost 60 years ago!!!!

The late fifties to early seventies was an era of major development and style change that i doubt any of us will ever see again. When you look at today's cars by all the big manufacturers i cannot see a major movement in 40 years to restore and drive around in the Dodge Intrepids or Ford Mondeos or Chevy whatevers. Nothing like the range of cars that existed then and are treasured now.

I know a lot of guys on here know i am focusing on buying a 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury Coupe once i sell my charger but i figured i would also show a couple of pictures here of the two forward look cars that would cause me to be distracted from that goal, heck even in convertible form too. The first is a 1960 Chrysler 300 and the second one is a 1957/58 Chrysler Imperial.
View attachment 26187View attachment 26188

I had the same vision! Those are some of my favorites too! I got close, but not quite there a while ago... Here is an old pic from "Back in the day" of my 1960 Desoto Adventurer... circa 1979 That's my brand new '79 Trail Duster next to it. I have it listed in my "Wish I never got rid of that" list LOL. I'm dating my self but the picture is a copy of from the original Polaroid I took. LOL
60 DeSoto1.jpg
Had a 361 in it... I was just 19 when I started out with these. I picked up a set of long cross rams and tried to fit them on it. Didn't work out so well. Couldn't get it to idle below 1800! Took them off and schlepped them around for something like 25-30 years and 3 long distance moves. Then I finally said a sad goodbye to them at Carlisle about 6 or 8 years ago for 500 bucks, with carbs. What a mistake, but I'm glad that I sold them to a parts guy and hope they're being used and enjoyed someplace. I'm at peace with it. LOL The car ended up going to Boston around 1980. Paid $250 for it... bought a nice parts car for $300...New floors, respray etc.. Sold it for $1800. Bought a '73 Imperial for $500. Sold that for $700 and bought a '67 Imperial from California for $800. Gave it away like an idiot to a junkyard guy I knew during my first move... I had '70 300, a Del Sol, a Dodge pickup, and a '62 TR 4. I couldn't take them all... Should have kept the Imp.... Friggin TR is junk now!

60 DeSoto1.jpg

Back