N8-96XJ's '65 Fury III build

another pic....

1102131539.jpg1102131533.jpg

1102131539.jpg

1102131533.jpg

i am fairly sure I used to own that car in the 1990's I bought it from an old person in danville virginia.

Wow, coming along quite nicely there. Get another 'puter so we can get more updates,lol.
Thank you very much! Yeah my fat fingers don't like this phone thing very much ha ha!
i am fairly sure I used to own that car in the 1990's I bought it from an old person in danville virginia.
Wow!!! That would be awesome if it was the same car! I've had it for about 2 years now. It seemed to be pretty well taken care of for most of its life. Like someone cared enough to keep it on the road and do routine maintenance on it and not let it rust to the ground. That would be very neat!

Looks great, love the rims!
Thank you! I do think they fit the car very well. Was readin back thru the thread and its funny how I was worried about paint and wheels. Everything has just kinda come together. Even tho its took a complete turn from what I had in mind when I started! Its gonna make a nice driver I think.

On that note. I did however do a bit of work to the 'ol 383 to give it a little bite. I've since added a Mopar intake and a purple cam as well as a billet HEI style distributor (my Petronix points eliminator kit took a dump on me) since I was last on here. Got a nice little lope to it now and picks up a lot quicker. Has a 750 double pump on it currently which is wayyyy too much carb and will be stepped back to 625 when I can afford a new one.

i had a 65 sport fury that was red with a white top and it was a good choice for that car. also I used to own your car in the 1990's.I bought it from an old person in danville virginia. I drove the car around martinsville for years, the only one like it! hope you enjoy the car as much as we did! by the way it was the interior that made me sure i had owned it , hang on a/c unit. weird dash pad and two tone door panels and the red vinyl bench reupholstered that way, it really took me back! I will be watching your progress,

Coronet66jj That really is awesome! And I sure hope I'm doing the car justice... I said earlier in the thread I wish I had the $ and patience to restore it to original condition. I am at least trying my best to keep it somewhat "period correct" while still havin a bit of an edge to it. I know its not a Roadrunner or Coronet or Charger or other all out muscle car... I just like enough attitude to be a little different. Also I may end up two toning the roof come spring. Not sure yet. Do you have any old pictures of it still?!

Sweet ride. It is great to see the progress on the car. I love seeing these cars getting some love and restored.

Sweet ride. It is great to see the progress on the car. I love seeing these cars getting some love and restored.
Thanks! I have enjoyed it so far. This is my first attempt at taking on a project of this scale. I'm learning a lot ... The main thing I've learned is that this takes time!! I wanna ride ha ha!

you are doing a terrific job! we are having a lot of fun watching the project, thanks for all the cool pictures. I am trying to find some pictures of it when I had it in the early 90's. it was pearl white with 14" rally wheels. fix it the way that makes you happy is my advice!

Hey thanks! Was thinkin it would be neat if you stumbled across some pictures. Or even one of the Sport Fury with the white top. If I do paint the roof I was thinking of going with a silver flake or maybe a champagne color... white could be an option as well. Not sure yet. Once all that's done its on to the interior. That may wait til next winter. It probably still looks about the same as it did when you had it.

i have pictures but they are on film so i have to scan them, some how. any way the white on the top set off the bodylines in the roof and also gave it a look like "Christine" from the steven king movie which featured a 58 Fury. if you have not seen this movie you should check it out! the interior in your fury is the same as when I had it , someone musthave taken care of it well for it to still look the same after 20 years. where in Virginia are you located?

Hey thanks! And yes "Christine" is an awesome movie. I even have a reproduced movie poster on my living room wall! And I live in Galax Va. Close enough to make the Mopar show in Farmington every year. Hope to have the Fury there this spring. Also want to be able to make a few Pilot Mt. Cruises. They are always fun!

are you still working on your 65 fury, nate? I figured the cold weather is probably holding you back on progress. it was 5 degrees up here in n.w. Pa. this morning so I am only clearing snow today. good luck and I am still looking for those pictures from when she was mine, so I can post them!

Yeah the winter has definitely put a hold on working on the car. I'll be ordering a fuel cell and new carburetor for it soon. I hope to get it on the road before the Farmington Mopar show... But, we'll see!

0213140436.jpg
We got a bunch of snow here last week! Around 14" or better. Days like that my Jeep is worth its weight in gold. Thankfully my friend let's me keep the Fury in his garage. And I would love to see the old pictures of the car! They'll turn up one day when you aren't lookin for them.

0213140436.jpg

Back