Need 1972 Chrysler New Yorker rear bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a straight, clean and presentable (Driver quality) rear bumper for a 1972 Chrysler New Yorker. If you have one availble, can you please send pics. Thanks for your help.

72nyrr.JPG

I have an older rechromed bumper that's driver quality. It has holes for the strip, though, and it has some speckling in the chrome from sitting on one end IIRC (very straight). I have a really nice front bumper for that car, too.

The bumpers are superb; thank you for the pictures.
I was able to find a bumper locally and do not know how to remove the ad.
Thanks again for the reply

Thanks for getting back and letting me know. It's sad, but that one'll probably end up on the scrap heap eventually. It takes up too much room and nobody's going to drop by and pick it up or pay what it'd cost to ship it. :icon_frown:

Re: 1972 New Yorker rear bumper

Where are you located?

Thanks

Thanks for getting back and letting me know. It's sad, but that one'll probably end up on the scrap heap eventually. It takes up too much room and nobody's going to drop by and pick it up or pay what it'd cost to ship it. :icon_frown:

I sent you a PM after seeing the deal didn't get together with OP.

Will be in your area This Saturday And Sunday. Breifly. Travelling thru to other destination. Please check your inbox.

Somebody' s interested.in.picking them up...

Pleased to meet you last weekend Ron. My wife is even more pleased with her shiney new front bumper than I am with my shiney new Aspen bumpers. We enjoyed the visit and your town. Glad we made the afterward stop for plastic wrap for the blanket covered lot of em. Spent a couple hours in the rain west of you.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you're happy with your bumpers. We got hit by the same storm a little while later that day. Hope you got the Super Coupe home in one piece. :glasses1:

Sure did! Made another wrong turn on the way home and ended up in Dubuque instead of Iowa City. So we didn't get to swing thru and meet the actual guy I bought it from back in May with it on the trailer. Really hauled.some azz when we did get to 80 tho. Made longer return trip in 10hrs and 18min.

Really pleased with the car. Its everything the pix showed and the seller claimed. The ugly is only skin deep. Hopefully these limted edition interceptor motor cars will come up in value someday. They're as rare as Superbirds.

20130930_192412.jpg

So are my Shelby Dakotas and they ain't worth nothin. :icon_rolleyes: You got a better chance, though.

Hopefully these limted edition interceptor motor cars will come up in value someday. They're as rare as Superbirds.

No such thing as a Mopar interceptor.....thats a Ford thing...

Rare usually doesnt equal value, there's a reason why people didnt buy them then.

No such thing as a Mopar interceptor.....thats a Ford thing...

Rare usually doesnt equal value, there's a reason why people didnt buy them then.

Uh, NO. E58 Police Interceptor motor. 360 4bbl.

I'm always curious to hear detractors opinions. What exactly is undesirable about F bodies?

Is it the fender rust recall? Kinda like how every Cuda ever delivered to the rust belt had rusty fenders in a year.

Is it the obvious styling evolution from the Duster, which produced a significantly better balanced appearance and experience behind the wheel?

I have always felt it's a political thing. Gerald Ford tripping all over himself as the country started to feel the Viet Nam hangover. Carter starting the EPA nightmare and also trying to flush the country down the toilet. And DISCO on the airwaves.

I think these things and more have affected the perceptions of most. I'm not bitching tho. I just got one of the 516 Dodge models ever produced for Half what my wife gave for her very nice NYB. I will complete my build of this rare machine for just over her buy-in. And then I will enjoy the hell out of it.

But go ahead Dave. What is your perception of what I take pride in owning? I've got thick enough skin to hear it. You won't be the first, or the last. And the longer others hold such opinions, the more of them I gather together for preservation and enjoyment on the cheap...

;)

Thats all too much for me to read BUT please show me a Mopar document showing "police interceptor motor"...

I love the car, enjoy seeing them but rarity doesnt equal value if so my cars are worth a bazillion dollars, but they arent, 10 K on a good day for the best one. I am a realist.

You just wait - one of these days disco balls, bellbottoms, black lights, and cars with big fake fender flares will be in style again and guys like us'll be rich. :pink banana:

Sorry. Digging thru old lit to scan something that won't matter

Is all too much for me.

Makes no more difference to me if you're familiar with my stuff than you care about others familiarity with yours.

I LIKE em being cheap. But we faithful can only gather up so many without bandwagon jumpers who are only attracted by what others like or for profit. I'm sure you wish every Polara were respected.and preserved, and understand.

You just wait - one of these days disco balls, bellbottoms, black lights, and cars with big fake fender flares will be in style again and guys like us'll be rich. :pink banana:

I had really.hoped this.would.be rusty enough under the flares, to make them functional and fit 10" wide rear rims. No such luck. Its pretty Solid..Lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back