need 440 exhaust manifolds to fit 4-door fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to put stock 440 exhaust manifolds on my 67 VIP. Got any?

About exhaust manifolds..... Are you looking for a pair of the standard manifolds or the HP style...? The standard manifolds found on any big block will work for you.... 361,383,400,440 etc. The HP manifold on the driver side is unique to a Cbody.

Yes, I want the HP manifolds. Mine look quite a lot like a pair of logs & I have a leak on the driver side. I would be happy with the better flow of the HP manifolds, if I can find them for less than the Hedman shortys (about $280 last time I looked).

Great! Not too many young ladies interested in the C-Body world. Tell us a little about your car and please post some pictures.

I'm beginning to see how fascinating I am to these gentlemen. I bought my car in August from the son of its second deceased owner. I've been daily driving it, since I blew the trans on my 80's Camaro. It was all original except for the driver side paint. My hubby helped me change the dinky 2bbl for an Edelbrock 750 carb & intake. Now it's begging for an exhaust.
It sat for many years, so I'm slowly replacing rubber parts as they disintegrate before my eyes. I want to post some photos, but my smart phone disagrees, so I'll do it from a computer soon.

Welcome aboard, there will be a millon more stupid questions, but the knowledge you pick up off the site is great, many great people with great info!
Sitting in my yard, smoking a cigarette. My husband took the photo new years day. Any more stupid questions guys?

I'm beginning to see how fascinating I am to these gentlemen. I bought my car in August from the son of its second deceased owner. I've been daily driving it, since I blew the trans on my 80's Camaro. It was all original except for the driver side paint. My hubby helped me change the dinky 2bbl for an Edelbrock 750 carb & intake. Now it's begging for an exhaust.
It sat for many years, so I'm slowly replacing rubber parts as they disintegrate before my eyes. I want to post some photos, but my smart phone disagrees, so I'll do it from a computer soon.

Nice, I'm diggin' it.

I'm beginning to see how fascinating I am to these gentlemen.
In a Camaro forum, nobody would even notice you.
Welcome to the C-body world.
Welcome to the C-body forum that attracts all the C-body people that have serious personal issues. ;-)

< Sent from my tablet >

Sitting in my yard, smoking a cigarette... Any more stupid questions guys?

Ummm... Did you know that smoking is bad for you? :thinker:

If you happen to cross paths with someone wanting a '67 VIP 2drht project car, let me know... decent body, rough interior, extra parts... Original 383 4bbl Commando, ran when parked, but now siezed... $700...

Production was 2,000 some for '67 2dr VIPs and I would wager most were 318s...

Ummm... Did you know that smoking is bad for you? :thinker:

Thank you for the stupid question. :)

If you happen to cross paths with someone wanting a '67 VIP 2drht project car, let me know... decent body, rough interior, extra parts... Original 383 4bbl Commando, ran when parked, but now siezed... $700...

Production was 2,000 some for '67 2dr VIPs and I would wager most were 318s...

Awesome, I'll tell my friends. Not sure anyone I know will want to ship it to Los Angeles tho...

In a Camaro forum, nobody would even notice you.
Welcome to the C-body world.
Welcome to the C-body forum that attracts all the C-body people that have serious personal issues. ;-)

< Sent from my tablet >

Thanks. Have you ever changed the combination switch for the turn signals/brake lights (in the steering column)? I was told that I need that part, but can't find it online.
The issue is apparently no contact for the driver side bulbs while braking, but the left signal works (same filament). Also, my front passenger blinker only comes on if I lightly push down on the lever after pushing it up to the right signal position.
I want to know how to name this switch so I can find one, and how much of a pain it is to change. IE: should I leave steering column junk to the pros?

Try this but read full description to make sure you get the right one.
https://touch.ebay.com/tablet/item?itemId=310612668729&sk=SCH_643621

Can you do it yourself? If you have the service manual for the car I would say most definitely. if you have any issues while you're at it you can always log in and somebody who may or may not be who they have pictured in there avatar should be around to advise.
reason I asked what you were up to in your pic is because I couldn't make out the background, its almost as if you're painting a picture.

Thanks Matt, I'll check it out. No, I don't have a service manual yet. I suppose I'll break down & buy one.
It's funny you should say that. I am a professional scenic painter for tv & theme parks, but that's just my back yard and a cigarette. :)

Thanks. Have you ever changed the combination switch for the turn signals/brake lights (in the steering column)?

I want to know how to name this switch so I can find one,

how much of a pain it is to change.

should I leave steering column junk to the pros?

Congrats, you now have a link to seach Ebay... I think Matt missed the link that he intended...

"Turn signal switch" is the proper terminology, as is steering column.

Not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but it is not difficult, provided you have a steering wheel puller, or a universal puller, and a straight pick to depress the tabs to remove the individual wires from the mass plug. (pictured in post)

I can give you a vague outline, and you can decide if you want to do it yourself, or take it to a shop with a decent history of not hosing their customers. Shop time should be 30 to 45 minutes to do this...

Your best reference to get parts for your VIP will be a Fury III. I don't think that the Plymouth C-bodies had cornering lights, but in case someone switched the steering column, you need to look in beside your turn signal lever on the column... if you see white, you have a standard switch, and if you see red it has a switch for cornering lights.

I'll wager on white, so now you can find your (complete) turn signal switch. I would really try hard to find one that is made anywhere but China. Dorman may be a possibility... Standard generally has a USA made box with Chinese parts inside... Through Sturdevants I got a connection to a place in Colorado that makes them...

Here's a link to a very likely Chinese part for a reference... and maybe last resort..

http://www.amazon.com/Signal-Switch-1967-1969-Plymouth-Monaco/dp/B0088IW3L0

Once you get your switch, and a puller, you can remove any trim pieces below the column, so you can find the turn signal plug... Unlatch, and unplug, then draw a sketch of your plug to map where your different colored wires go. Now use your pick entering the backside of the plug, beside the wires to push in the retaining tangs to release each wire.

Once your wires are loose, take about a 2-3 foot piece of fine single strand wire and cinch the wires together and wrap some electrical tape over your connection....

Now pull your horn button off... 1/4 turn counterclockwise... horn switch... remove 3 screws and a plug... remove steering wheel nut... 3/4"... put your puller on... I'll venture (2) 1/4", possibly 5/16" course thread bolts... pull the wheel by running in the center puller bolt.

There will be one long screw holding the lever to the switch, and (3) around the steering shaft... also save the steel ring... Now pull the switch upward and out, but stop when you come to your Frankenstein joint, leaving the single strand wire in the column.

If the new switch comes with the plug in place, twist the plug sideways, then attach the single strand wire and retape the connection, keeping it's profile as small as possible to pull it back down through the column.

Reverse procedure, pray that the new switch works, then have a victory beer.... and a cancer stick if you must...

Good luck,

51MZHXBbftL__SS500_.jpgPhoto6.jpg

Not a straight one in the bunch, so just picture one of them if it wasn't bent...2009-09-19_222311_picks.jpg

51MZHXBbftL__SS500_.jpg

Photo6.jpg

2009-09-19_222311_picks.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Have you ever changed the combination switch for the turn signals/brake lights (in the steering column)? I was told that I need that part, but can't find it online.
The issue is apparently no contact for the driver side bulbs while braking, but the left signal works (same filament). Also, my front passenger blinker only comes on if I lightly push down on the lever after pushing it up to the right signal position.
I want to know how to name this switch so I can find one, and how much of a pain it is to change. IE: should I leave steering column junk to the pros?

Sounds like you'll be in the classic Mopar restoration for the long haul. Getting the factory service manuals and the parts catalog will make your classic Mopar life so much easier. You can get them on EBay pretty cheap. Finding parts with part numbers is so much easier. Here's a tip. a lot of Mopar parts have the part number stamped on them or molded in them. There are millions of NOS (new old stock) parts out there and they fit and work so much better than the parts made off shore. A few places that you can find NOS parts that I found was......

www.partsvoice.com

www.arizonaparts.com

As far as special tools that you need for the steering column like the steering wheel puller. You can go to Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone or pretty much any of the automotive stores similar to those that have a free loaner tool program. You can go in those stores. put a deposit on the the special tool, fix your VIP, and return the tool and get your deposit back. They have a bunch of other loaner tools too so check that out too. That can save you a ton of money if you only use the tool once or twice.

Is that not a good link? It works from my IPad. Anyway, good info from Has2b. He could have written the service manual.
Nice yard, I do kind of miss having a yard, especially with my dog. This pic was taken in my back"yard", take away the cars and you really got nothing!

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back