need 440 exhaust manifolds to fit 4-door fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that not a good link? It works from my IPad. Anyway, good info from Has2b. He could have written the service manual.
Nice yard, I do kind of miss having a yard, especially with my dog. This pic was taken in my back"yard", take away the cars and you really got nothing!

The link worked, but eBay gave me some trouble in the mobile site. My Droid likes the full site better. My husband would totally LOVE your "yard". More room for cars & trucks!

has2bmopar,
Thank you!!!!! Very helpful. True, no cornering lights, but will the right part have two connections for each front signal? (I have the little bullet signal indicators on the top corners of my fenders) or does that split take place later in the wiring?

Also, my reverse lights are just plain retarded. I don't get to see them too often, being the primary driver of my own car, but I'm told that they come on sporadically in every gear BUT reverse. Is that an entirely different switch, or does the gearshift lever also affect a connection on the switch we're already talking about for the reverse lights? If it's a separate part in the steering column I don't want to open the thing up twice.

I'm very mechanically inclined, and I have a "car guy" for a husband, but this is the oldest car I've owned, and the first Mopar product we've ever seen up close, besides my mom's 2001 POS Dodge Grand Caravan. That's why I'm here. You guys have probably collectively come across everything I'm ever going to have trouble with on my new old beauty.

I'm definitely starting with purchasing a service manual.
-Gillian

I put a few photos in my gallery today guys. Just exterior so far...
Looks like a kool ride Gillian, thanks for showing it off. I would be interested to see some of the work that pays your bills. There are several talented people on this site,aside from the car hobby, and we have been known to toot are own horns on occasion. I am a big fan of the arts and design in general.

Looks like a kool ride Gillian, thanks for showing it off. I would be interested to see some of the work that pays your bills. There are several talented people on this site,aside from the car hobby, and we have been known to toot are own horns on occasion. I am a big fan of the arts and design in general.

Yeah, I'll get around to tooting soon. I've been out of work for two weeks, so I'm not feeling very proud of myself at the moment. Some noteable work though, is all the gaudy scenery in Big Brother on CBS for the last 4 years... Revamp of the Star Tours ride at Disneyland... Tons of the sculpting and painting for the Harry Potter ride at Universal Orlando... Sets for Tayler Swift, Katy Perry, Fun, and some others at the Grammys for the last few years, Golden Globes... Stuff I can think of that you might have actually seen or heard of.

Is that not a good link? It works from my IPad.

This pic was taken in my back"yard", take away the cars and you really got nothing!

For me the link pulls up whats looks to be a home page?

Umm.... Nothing except a building with more cool Mopars in it, like a '68 Coronet R/T and a '68 Road Runner...

In case you are lacking inspiration lately... Happens to be my favorite color on a '68 Plymouth B-body...

68 GTX (2).jpg

68 GTX (2).jpg

(I have the little bullet signal indicators on the top corners of my fenders) ... does that split take place later in the wiring? YUP

Also, my reverse lights are just plain retarded. I don't get to see them too often, being the primary driver of my own car, but I'm told that they come on sporadically in every gear BUT reverse. Is that an entirely different switch, or does the gearshift lever also affect a connection on the switch we're already talking about for the reverse lights? If it's a separate part in the steering column I don't want to open the thing up twice.

-Gillian

I'm surprized that the reverse lights on a VIP would be plain retarded...

I figured the top of the line Plymouth would have fancy retarded lights... :grin:

This could be an adjustment lower on the column, but it will not be involved with your turn signal switch.

I believe I have a '67 Plymouth service manual, and if I get a chance this weekend, I will check into it.

Last edited:
My '67 Imperial has a vacuum operated switch further down the column near the floor that will automatically release the parking brake when put in gear and it affects the reverse lights. This may be a tilt/tele only thing though. A manual is a must for these cars, I will say that.Has2b, I don't lack inspiration, it's time that I don't have much of lately.

My '67 Imperial has a vacuum operated switch further down the column near the floor that will automatically release the parking brake when put in gear and it affects the reverse lights. This may be a tilt/tele only thing though. A manual is a must for these cars, I will say that.Has2b, I don't lack inspiration, it's time that I don't have much of lately.
I'm pretty sure that isn't the case with my car, but I'll keep diigging. All this info is helping me confront all the little stuff I've been ignoring for months. Now that the car runs better I can worry about the junk that'll get me pulled over. :)

My '66 service manual shows the reverse lamp switch on the lower column for the Fury.

There looks to be some adjustment on the switch mount itself, and once removed you can access a lock nut for the lever coming out of the column.

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back