Need a Vacuum advance for a 57 Firesweep

baker53

Reaction score
Any chance anyone might have a good vacuum advance assembly for a 57 Desoto Firesweep. The one I have is marked 13. Picture below. Thanks, Bill, [email protected] or 713 898-6928
vac adv.jpg

vac adv.jpg

Terrill Machine in De Leon, TX can rebuild vacuum advances for those hard to find replacements. I had them do mine for my '53 Dodge truck.
Address: 1000 County Road 454, De Leon, TX 76444
Phone:(254) 893-2610

Update on the vacuum advance. The purists may not care for my solution, but after buying a "NOS Vacuum advance" that failed within a week due to an old dried out diaphragm, I decided to try another tact where I ended buying a new BWD V194 vacuum advance (fits later model MOPAR small blocks) from the auto parts store which has a pin rather than a hole in the actuating arm. I removed the pin from the Desoto breaker plate and put a hole in it to match the pin diameter on the new V194 vacuum advance. I also elongated the two mounting holes on the new vacuum advance and installed it on the Firesweep distributor. I have a Sun 504 distributor machine and checked it out and ended up at 12.5 distributor degrees rather than the 13 distributor degrees that the original vacuum advance had. It works great on the car and total cost was about $13 for the BWD V194.

Back