Need Chrysler Emblem for Headlight Cover - 78 YN Brghm

Sport Fury 67

Reaction score
Would anyone have an "extra" Gold colored "Chrysler" script emblem that would be mounted - located on the driver side headlight cover of a 1978 NY Brougham?

With the nice weather in Illinois and the lack of snow and salt, we have had a longer driving season up here in the north. When I got back home from driving all day and doing errands I noticed the emblem was gone. Never had one fall off before. Maybe someone like it.....

Anyway, Chrysler must have been using it on the 76-78's in various positions, but I do not have a part number cross reference for this emblem.

Could anyone help me to cover these two blank ugly holes in the front of my car with a replacement? I looks very much like the emblem in the photo.

Any help or suggestions for working on finding a replacement would be appreciated.

Steve

Chrysler head light cover emblem - 1978.JPG

The 76-78 NYB never had gold script on the headlight door. It was chrome. The script in your pic was used throughout the Slab-Fusey-Formal era on trunk lids and rear fill panel- always on the rear. It's about 2.5 inches long.

Here's a pic of what was used on the headlight cover. Should be easy to find. Used from 68-81 on 300's, Newports etc. It is about 4 inches long.

001.jpg

The 76-78 NYB never had gold script on the headlight door. It was chrome. The script in your pic was used throughout the Slab-Fusey-Formal era on trunk lids and rear fill panel- always on the rear. It's about 2.5 inches long.

Here's a pic of what was used on the headlight cover. Should be easy to find. Used from 68-81 on 300's, Newports etc. It is about 4 inches long.

View attachment 154973
Mr. C: Thank you for this information. It makes sense that it was chrome to blend in with the grill and the bumper. I have had the car for 9 months, so I am still in the "learning all about you phase" of ownership. The side "New Yorker" scripts are gold, so though they all were gold. Steve

Mr. C: Thank you for this information. It makes sense that it was chrome to blend in with the grill and the bumper. I have had the car for 9 months, so I am still in the "learning all about you phase" of ownership. The side "New Yorker" scripts are gold, so though they all were gold. Steve

Do the wipers work?

If they do.....don't even try to sweep snow or ice off the windshield because the wiper cam will self destruct and there isn't any replacements on the planet. The plastic is inferior and getting one from a donor never works without falling apart. I had to mod my wiper cam to the 74-77 small cam design with donor parts.

You can probably get a used script from Murray Park....

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

or NOS from......

www.arizonaparts.com

or www.partsvoice.com

The driver side wipes, the plastic grommets on the ends of the long transmission bar driving the wiper for the pass side are broken and gone. Forum wisdom suggests replacing with later Dodge truck parts. Pass rear pwr lock solenoid works 50% of the time and one of the supports for the dr side rear window must be broken as it is not as stable as the other on.

The driver side wipes, the plastic grommets on the ends of the long transmission bar driving the wiper for the pass side are broken and gone. Forum wisdom suggests replacing with later Dodge truck parts. Pass rear pwr lock solenoid works 50% of the time and one of the supports for the dr side rear window must be broken as it is not as stable as the other on.

Yep, just go to a Dodge dealer and ask for wiper transmission bushing for a 1996 Dodge Van.

As far as the "Chrysler" script goes, my NYB was missing it also. I found one from an early nineties front wheel drive New Yorker. Exact same thing.

Mine was a glue on one. I don't recall any holes on the door. But someone may have filed them in. The parts manual would say.
Even if they were nut and bolt a stick on would cover the small holes up

Mine was a glue on one. I don't recall any holes on the door. But someone may have filed them in. The parts manual would say.
Even if they were nut and bolt a stick on would cover the small holes up
Your holes were filled in. Driver side headlight door would've had 2 holes for pins.

upload_2017-12-4_21-10-2.png

upload_2017-12-4_21-10-27.png

Not quite sure where this one originated, but likely either 73 or 77 Newport.

Back