need help 66 fury

moparnut

Reaction score
hi i have 1966 fury with slant 6 i want install a big block 440 or 426 hemi with 727 tranny and would like to upgrade suspension to disc brakes in front and rear can any one help me with what i need to do or know of any parts sites. i believe im going to have to replace k member frame please send me info thanks

See Mancini Racing for motor and trans mounts, They may have other bits and pieces that you may need too.

Nobody makes a C-body /6 to BB engine mount conversion. Nobody. Not even Schumacher.
You have to fab your own mounts. C-bodies don't have a bolt-in K-frame. AMHIK.

Scarebird, I believe makes a front brake conversion. Never heard of anyone making a rear brake conversion for your rear end which Ithink is an 8 1/4 (very weak behind a BB).

Big block into Slant 6

Not sure about this! I had new '69 Belvedere, basically a Roadrunner with the six, and almost everything was different. The torsion bars were lighter, the engine mounts were different, and, yes the differential is the 8 1/4 instead of 8 3/4. All of that must be changed to deal with the torque of any big block. Do your research thouroghly and make all the needed changes to be safe. Pay special attention to the safety items, like brakes. I know that is one thing that must be upgraded. I am not sure about the backing plates, but, if you have to change the diameter of the brakes, which is probable, you might also have to change the spindles to support the bolt pattern of the backing plates.

It likely depends on were you are located, as far as a real interest, but I have a '66 Fury III 4drsdn, that was a 383 car, that would have the bolt in sub-frame, torsion bars and the 8.75 rear end that you need.

It also has a nice rear bumper, deck lid, tail-lights, rear trim panels, fenders, doors and a fair front bumper, grille, hood etc. The car is dark turquois with blue/turquois interior. The only rust I noticed was low on the quarters behind the rear wheels, and in the trunk near the extentions... $700. I also have the title if you need it. (There is no engine or transmission.)

If you are serious about it, I can take several pictures of it and post them here. Let me know where you are located and I will tell you the approximate miles. If you are within 10 hours one way, I may be able to deliver it as well.

Last edited:
It likely depends on were you are located, as far as a real interest, but I have a '66 Fury III 4drsdn, that was a 383 car, that would have the bolt in sub-frame, torsion bars and the 8.75 rear end that you need.
Toss in the bigger radiator, too, and I suggest he JUMP on this deal. :pink banana:

Back