need help....outa my element...

CanCritter

Reaction score
trying to sort out electrical issue.....going through motions to see whats working...whats not ect in dash,,,had fan going all be it weak...may have been ground issue...anyway it stopped..possible fuse.....anyway was feeling my way through wireing and found a hot spot on the a/c wireing…..
untitled_LI.jpg

B terminal was warm/hot...….disconnected B terminal and it still was getting hot (short?)

far as l can tell have it connected right ...dam it cant load a pic...will have to do it of my phone

know C and D are on right connectors.....wondering If A and C are backwards...
IMG_0484_LI.jpg

Is the "heat" coming from the wire wound resistors? They will produce heat depending on which fan speed is selected.

I would remove the little panel and see how the resistors are connected at the back. That should make it easier to figure what wire to each connector.

A is low blower speed--brown
B is med blower speed Light green
C is High speed dark green
D goes to blower motor
Blower motor is grounded through the body.

Hope this helps

A is low blower speed--brown
B is med blower speed Light green
C is High speed dark green
D goes to blower motor
Blower motor is grounded through the body.

Hope this helps

thanx kindly....helps big time...least l know starting positions are right to trace wireing from if need be...thanX Cbarge :thumbsup:

Yer welcome.
Strongly suggest testing continuity on both the blower switch and blower resistor.
Both parts are known to be weak links in the system
Poor connections within the switch can cause resistance & warm wires.
If the blower resistor has an open circuit between D and the rest it simply wont work on low or medium but will work on high or when MAx Heat or MAx A/C is selected on the HVAC controls (it overides the resistor giving the blower motor full power)
Hope this helps

Yer welcome.
Strongly suggest testing continuity on both the blower switch and blower resistor.
Both parts are known to be weak links in the system
Poor connections within the switch can cause resistance & warm wires.
If the blower resistor has an open circuit between D and the rest it simply wont work on low or medium but will work on high or when MAx Heat or MAx A/C is selected on the HVAC controls (it overides the resistor giving the blower motor full power)
Hope this helps

more stuff to learn lol but great info to diagnose....looks like lm finally gona have to learn to use my multimeter today....thatll get the grey matter boiling …:wideyed:

schools in....
Dictionary

con·ti·nu·i·ty
/ˌkäntəˈn(y)o͞oədē/
noun
noun: continuity
  1. 1.
    the unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time.
    "pension rights accruing through continuity of employment"
    h
    Similar:
    continuousness

uninterruptedness

flow

progression

h
    Opposite:
    discontinuity

• a state of stability and the absence of disruption.
      "they have provided the country with a measure of continuity"
    • a connection or line of development with no sharp breaks.
      plural noun: continuities
      "they used the same style of masonry to provide continuity between new and old"
      h
      Similar:
      interrelationship
      interrelationship between the comprehension and production of early vocabulary" data-hw="interrelationship" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="">

interrelatedness

intertextuality

interconnectedness

connection
      connections between social attitudes and productivity" data-hw="connection" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="">

linkage

cohesion

coherence

unity

whole

wholeness

2. 2.
    the maintenance of continuous action and self-consistent detail in the various scenes of a movie or broadcast.
    "a continuity error"
    • the linking of broadcast items by a spoken commentary.
Origin

gona be a rough day lol...…..

Critter,
When you're checking the continuity of wires and switches you want the reading to be as close to zero as possible. The resistors that power goes through to control your fan speeds are going to be greater than zero. Unfortunately I don't have anything at my disposal to tell you what those values greater than zero should be.

schools in....
Dictionary

con·ti·nu·i·ty
/ˌkäntəˈn(y)o͞oədē/
noun
noun: continuity
  1. 1.
    the unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time.
    "pension rights accruing through continuity of employment"
    h
    Similar:
    continuousness

uninterruptedness

flow

progression

h
    Opposite:
    discontinuity
    • a state of stability and the absence of disruption.
      "they have provided the country with a measure of continuity"
    • a connection or line of development with no sharp breaks.
      plural noun: continuities
      "they used the same style of masonry to provide continuity between new and old"
      h
      Similar:
      interrelationship
      interrelationship between the comprehension and production of early vocabulary" data-hw="interrelationship" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="">

interrelatedness

intertextuality

interconnectedness

connection
      connections between social attitudes and productivity" data-hw="connection" data-lb="" data-tae="false" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="">

linkage

cohesion

coherence

unity

whole

wholeness
  2. 2.
    the maintenance of continuous action and self-consistent detail in the various scenes of a movie or broadcast.
    "a continuity error"
    • the linking of broadcast items by a spoken commentary.
Origin

gona be a rough day lol...…..
:rofl:
I am here all day so PM me any questions.

Most Multi-meters have a setting where it beeps when the wire or contact is good.
Or reads zero resistance when good (no broken wires,etc)
Basically just checking for no open circuits.
Using your wiring diagrams,use the + probe on the power feed of the switch and at each setting test the tab with the - probe.
If the resistance is high or wonky replace the switch.
On the resistor the + is on the tab going to the blower motor,and the - probe check the three speeds at the resistor.

Hope this helps

Back