Need measurements

65MonacoND

Reaction score
I am finishing up my 70 Hurst and I need the measurement for the passenger mirror fitment. I was wondering if anyone could give me some measurements for the stock location? It would be greatly appreciated!

Just a thought, but if the car has an existing driver's side factory-installed rear view mirror, the passenger side mirror should have the same placement on the door skin as the other side. The factory accessory (production unit) rh mirrors, or even the lh mirror kits for cars that had no factory mirror on the lh side, would have had a paper template to place on the door to correctly position the holes to drill for the mounting.

It would be nice to find one of those OEM factory kits, for the specific model and model year, AND style of mirror, to get that paper template copied or pictured for your use. But finding those kits can be a highly variable situation. But you could probably make your own, using the lh side mirror, then flipping it over to use on the rh side?

CBODY67

Following this thread, as I finally found a RH mirror for my Newport. Yes, the hard to find rectangular 1971 only one. (Thanks Julian :thumbsup:)

Just a thought, but if the car has an existing driver's side factory-installed rear view mirror, the passenger side mirror should have the same placement on the door skin as the other side. The factory accessory (production unit) rh mirrors, or even the lh mirror kits for cars that had no factory mirror on the lh side, would have had a paper template to place on the door to correctly position the holes to drill for the mounting.

It would be nice to find one of those OEM factory kits, for the specific model and model year, AND style of mirror, to get that paper template copied or pictured for your use. But finding those kits can be a highly variable situation. But you could probably make your own, using the lh side mirror, then flipping it over to use on the rh side?

CBODY67

I don't know about c bodies but on some cars the pass side is further back than the drivers side so driver can see it better w/o obstruction from the wing frame or just in general a better position to see ... but I'm sure you know what you speak of for c bodies. Also I'm thinking that the 70 Hurst didn't have wings anyway.

Back