Need new leaf springs

mag162

Reaction score
for my 67 Fury II wagon. Are they the same as any other Fury of the same year?
Does anyone know who to get a new pair from?

I tried ESPO, for my 69 Fury Wagon, they had nothing for me. I went with Eaton Detroit Springs

Needed to check my final answer, ESPO does not stock HD springs, as needed in a car equipped with a trailer towing package

I disagree , my 70 is coded A35 , I got my springs from them . What makes your springs different than what they offer.

Quote from “Springs and Things” for my 75 NYB:

The rear leaf springs are $395 for the matched pair. They are matched pair and some with the front bushings pressed in. The front eye bolts are $6/pair; ubolts $24/set of 4. The rear bushings and shackles depend on which ones you are using. Usually it takes about 10 days to ship.

And from “St. Louis Springs”

The price is $155.00 per spring. Also, we do have the shackle bushings.

Not to hi jack the thread, for future reference,. I re-inqired with a mentioned supplier: "Mike let me look up and see if we have

MikePlymouth Fury,1969 Wagon, 383 automatic, with a towing package. A35 is the equipment group Read

LauraWe carry the standard ones but don't have the heavy duty ones that were most likely used on the towing packages

They were thicker steel on a couple of the leaves

The standard ones are $320 for the matched pair and include the front bushings pressed in"

for my 67 Fury II wagon. Are they the same as any other Fury of the same year?
Does anyone know who to get a new pair from?

I have a pair of brand new springs I bought from Wil (@bluefury361) a couple of years ago thinking they would fit my '66 convertible. They were intended for his '69 Plymouth Suburban, but he didn't use them. They don't fit my '66, so I'll be happy to sell them to you for $150. I'll even deliver them to Carlisle, if you plan to be there.

Here is what Wil had to say about the springs back when he bought them:

"What St Louis spring is building for me is a 7 leaf, 25X37 replacement spring using solid steel leafs to HD specs. (Factory towing package). Adding an extra leaf would add to much ride height. I expect to add about 1-2" max to that and still maintain level ride while towing.
Where ride height is measured on the body didn't seem that important so I just measured from the ground to the top of each rear wheel opening. 28" disconnected from the trailer now. (Of course that's a 69 Custom Suburban). Currently the trailer drops that to around 24". I'll re-measure when the new springs are installed.
The fellows at St Louis seemed to understand what I was trying to do and assured me the new springs will end up a bit stronger then OEM trailer towing units."

I called these guys for springs for my 65 Polara wagon. I'm pretty sure I asked for HD and they had them in stock.

I forget the price but it was cheaper than ESPO and I could pick them up. Can't do that with ESPO. Not that that matters as I haven't managed to get by there yet when I wasn't on some other mission.

I used Detroit Eaton for my New Yorker and they were no better than the 40 year old ones I took off and were $$$.

John R. Spring Service, Inc. | Spring Manufacturer

Kevin

Try www.firmfeel.com they have everything you will need. Even the offset shackles.

20180120_114641.jpg

Springs and Things were working on making the offset shackle . They had asked me for one when I pointed out to them that these thing existed, apparently they never knew it.
I've never seen a reproduction offers shackle

We've discussed offset shackles ad nauseam here.

This type of offset shackle, which I think may be used in some early 60's C-bodies, may be duplicated with a mini van shackle. I've never had reason to investigate as I don't own one of those cars, so don't take my word for it.
Easier to start ah thread then to find the one I'm lookin' for
20180120_114641-jpg.jpg

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2F4c8AAOxygLxSUu-8%2Fs-l1600.jpg

The shackle needed for a fuselage car has one straight and one bent side.

193510-2015-shackle-jpg.jpg

NONE of the offset shackle packages for race cars or mini vans will work. NONE of the suppliers that list a shackle for a fuselage car has the correct shackle.

Probably a moot point for the OP anyway.....

Back