New 66 sport fury convertible owner

Fury0us66

Reaction score
Hello,

I am am taking a minute to introduce myself, I am new to the forum and new to mopar ownership. I recently bought a 66 sport fury convertible. I look toward to learning here! I have a few things to fix and work on I plan to use it regularly to drive around when I am home. First matter of business will be to get the ac working properly.

ps I tried to adjust the pic according to the instructions but no dice sorry if it doesn't comply with the forum let me know if not and I'll do my best to fix it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

She has a 383. Engine bay looks a little messy so I intend to tidy it up eventually. I am not really mopar savy so I don't know all the ins and outs but I have a shop manual and a parts book, so hopefully I can figure things out, it will take a bit cause I work a lot. I don't know how stock it is or not, but I'll learn as I get it know the car better. The paint color is not original and the interior has been redone but I think it looks nice, I'm ok with the cloth inserts cause being in Vegas I think it will be not so hot and sticky:),it also seems to have some type of cruise control so I'll have to check that out too. I wanted something not too expensive and a classic cause I just love old cars and this was in my price range:) I forgot to say in the intro but my name is Rachelle.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well welcome Rachelle the car looks pretty nice the engine bay would look nicer body color but well optioned vehicle none the less.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Love the color, nice ride!

Thanks all. I guess I'd just like get the engine bay cleaner looking I work with aero derivative gas turbine power plants controls and comissioning so I'm a sticker for tidy looking hoses and wires:) thoughts on ss braided hoses? And an aluminum intake manifold? Good, bad, blasphemy ? I figure some here will know what are good things to do and what are not so good ideas to do. I like the idea of things that look " pretty " but have functional value. Toyed with the idea of painting the engine bay to match the car but not ready to takle something like that just yet and it's more cosmetic than anything.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............. :welcome:

Ya just gotta love a drop top fury. NIX on the the braided hoses...... that's chevy stuff. And no real point to an aluminum maniford.... Just keep her pure and enjoy.
Can you post a shot of the fender tag.....?
Will.

Sure I'm not home for a bit but I'll post one as soon as I get one. Or have a friend grab some shots of it. Thanks for the input, I guess in just used to looking at stainless on the aircraft engines, not into Chevys so I didn't know. It wasn't off the transport trailer for an hour before some random person pulled over and was asking if they could buy it, I got a kick out of that, I'm really looking forward to having fun with it.

Back