New A/C Condensor - What size to get?

jstaples2

Reaction score
Hi all -
I'm upgrading my system from RV2 to a Sanden style unit (and use 134a). I'm going to replace the condenser (and drier as well). I'm looking for some ideas on what size a/c condenser to get. The stock unit was 26" wide and 16" tall with a 3x3" cutout on the passenger side. I'm looking for a universal parallel flow unit. I guess my concern is that 3x3 cutout and making a 16x26 fit.

For those of you have have upgraded what size condenser have you used?

9-8-2018 8-21-57 AM.png

My personal recommendation is to go 13" x 26" if you can find that size. You'll have to fab up some simple brackets to mount it. Something else to be aware of is that you'll most likely end up with both ports on the same side of the condenser. Plan for this when making your selection and also your hoses.

By your avatar it looks like you're playing with a 67 or 68 Imperial. Try to reuse your hard lines on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Clean them with Brake Clean and then denatured alcohol.

I've got a thread on this Converting from RV-2 to Sanden

Thank you! I've been reading/re-reading your thread and commando1's on the conversion you guys did, thank you for documenting so others can follow along. I did find a 13x26 parallel flow and think I'll go that route.
CNFP1326 A/C Universal Condenser Parallel Flow 13 x 26 O-ring #6 #8 | eBay

Making up some brackets shouldn't be too bad. I'm working with a 1968 Fury and hoping this isn't too challenging. I'm debating on whether or not to buy a hose crimper or find a a/c shop crimp the fittings for me. Kinda hard to justify $100+ on a tool I'll use for one job.

Back