New C- Body from Germany, Berlin

hemipolara572

Reaction score
hi all,
I am from Germany and live close to Berlin.
I have a 1969 Dodge Polara since 2010. I bought it in Texas and shipped it to Germany. I sold the engine. It was a 440 Indy racing engine. After that I ordered a new Hemi 572. Not a crate engine. I bought every part allone and took it together. after 2 years of testing now the polara finally runs. My brother told me that there is a C- bodys only forum in the states and you might be intresstet.

It was a lot of work to fit the engine in the polara. We need to build the headers on our own and a lot of other stuff. For example I have no power steering and no brake booster because the engine won't fit. Its a manual valve body, 727 heavy duty transmission, dana 60, locar shifter, 2x 750 cfm Holley Double Pumper.

This summer I have made the first test runs on track. But I didnt go over 5000rpm and on the follwing youtube movies I have had 2x 600 cfm edelbrock carburators running on the hemi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWzJ6e67TN4&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXnhuscntw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htm2MoI9Epw&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnweKRuV6_k&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax78FpBI3Vg&feature=plcp

Hope I will be welcome in your forum.

Best regards.

Michael ---- Hemipolara 572

You absolutely welcome here!!
I love your "outside the box" build.
You get a huge congratulations from me.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great car, I'd like to see some more intimate pics of the car and what you've done to it as long as they're not top secret and classified.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Are you going to race a 1/4 mile? Maybe at HockenheimRing perhaps?

I like your car, with the 3.73's I would like to see it run on a longer track... Should be quite impressive.

I have a couple mega-block Hemi projects myself. The more aggressive 572 will be going into a '57 Desoto Fireflite.

Are those Mopar heads that you have on your engine?

Got some pics of the 57? This model year is the greatest to me design-wise.

I don't have much for pictures of it, and it has been parked since '62 when something happened to the 341 Hemi, at 57,000 miles. It needs rockers, some rear quarter work and a trunk floor... Any leads to aftermarket sheetmetal would be appreciated. It is the same body as the '57-'58 New Yorker and 300 and the pieces that I need would be the same as a '59 Chrysler as well.

. 57 Desoto (22).jpg

57 Desoto (22).jpg

Exner at its best. They're said to be very rustprone. No leads to sheetmetal from south-western Germany though.:) :(

I don't have much for pictures of it, and it has been parked since '62 when something happened to the 341 Hemi, at 57,000 miles. It needs rockers, some rear quarter work and a trunk floor... Any leads to aftermarket sheetmetal would be appreciated. It is the same body as the '57-'58 New Yorker and 300 and the pieces that I need would be the same as a '59 Chrysler as well.

.View attachment 5804

Did your 341 Hemi have a 2 or 4 bbl carb originally? That hood ornament/emblem has to be the biggest I've ever seen on the front of any car. Nice!

I like it simple when it comes to the Forward Look; but such a D501 is unobtainable. Regular 2dr sedan or hardtop with a V8 is the more realistic alternative.

393951-870-0.jpg

393951-870-0.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I dont need the D501 ........ I need will have to have something I dont have to worry about, modify and drive as needed.

Did your 341 Hemi have a 2 or 4 bbl carb originally? That hood ornament/emblem has to be the biggest I've ever seen on the front of any car. Nice!

The Firedome was a 341 2bbl and the Fireflite was a 4bbl, this Fireflite was complete to the wingnut when I bought it, and was molested only by time and Mother Nature.

I have a '57 Chrysler this "spice" burnt red/brick color and I think I would like the top and the spear on the side to be a pearl white (subtle silver hue, not the gold hue). My car has all 3 codes as white, and I prefer the contrast.

.57 DeSoto_ (12).jpg

57 DeSoto_ (1).jpg

57 DeSoto_ (12).jpg

57 DeSoto_ (1).jpg

Last edited:
@ 1978 NYB

No I am not going to race at Hockenheimring, it s to far away from my hometown. And its not my main target to race. I wanted a huge great looking car with much to much power :) and if I want to, I can race und all the people and opponents on trac are suprised how fast that "heavy elephant" can run. But I am racing on the 1/8 mile on a trac close to Berlin on 1 weekend every summer. But its nothing famous and big event like e.g. the Nitro Olympix at Hockenheimring.

I like your car, with the 3.73's I would like to see it run on a longer track... Should be quite impressive.

I have a couple mega-block Hemi projects myself. The more aggressive 572 will be going into a '57 Desoto Fireflite.

Are those Mopar heads that you have on your engine?

Hi
what other Hemi projects do you have? my brother have a Formula S 1968 Cuda Fastback with a Hemi 528, and a brand new 1970 Challenger with a 472 Hemi. But both not ready yet.
A 572 Hemi in a 57' Desoto? Thats cool :)
I think the 3.73 is a little bit to short to race on 1/4 mile. On the 1/8 mile its perfect. In the youtube movies I didnt go over 5000rpm and had 2x600 cfm Edelbrock carburators on it. I'm curious how it will run with the 2x 750 Holley Double Pumper on it next summer.

I have Mopar Performance aluminum cylinder heads

Last edited:
The Firedome was a 341 2bbl and the Fireflite was a 4bbl, this Fireflite was complete to the wingnut when I bought it, and was molested only by time and Mother Nature.

I have a '57 Chrysler this "spice" burnt red/brick color and I think I would like the top and the spear on the side to be a pearl white (subtle silver hue, not the gold hue). My car has all 3 codes as white, and I prefer the contrast.

.View attachment 5807

View attachment 5808

Your car(s) are unique and flat out beautiful! I've seen a few at Carlisle and a couple of the D500's. That would be cool to see you at Crlisle 2013.........even if you couldn't bring one of your beauties. It would be super cool to meet the regulars on this forum at the big show!

Back