Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
,l got 5 sets of these new challenger exhaust systems from the scrap pile at a dodge dealer.
They are NOS and take offs
I was going to use just the mufflers on a BB 61 Plymouth.
They have a pentastar logo
Can you guys think of any reason I should not? Or why they wouldn't work?

If you have a need to use them, why not?
When I put my Mopar Exhaust system on my Challenger I couldnt think of a reason to bring the "old" one home. It had less than 1000 miles on it.

I think how they sound will be the most important factor...please report back as I'm curious.

Dimensionally, they'll fit and likely be short compared to original C body muffs.

Those mufflers and resonators are tuned to eliminate the resonance on the engines when they go into MultiDisplacement mode, and also for a V* that has no heat crossover in the intake manifold. 2 features our cars don't have.

I have an X-pipe setup on my sig-pic car, and when I blocked the crossover in the intake I got an *awful* resonance that came on/off like a light switch at particular RPM (no tach, unfortunately) and that spot was 1/2-way between idle and a normal shift point. I drove 1 block that way, turned around and unblocked it.

I'm not saying you'll have trouble, just that resonances can be a funny thing. Maybe the mufflers by themselves will be OK - let us know!

Do pre- and post- soundclips!

Back