New custom gauges...

luigi164

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this. Got my new gauges from Speedhut today. They're not cheap but look soooo good . . .

100_3150.JPG

100_3151.JPG

Those do look nice. How are you going to be installing these? I've never heard of Speedhut so if you don't mind tell, why did you go with this company and what was the ball park price?

Whew. Originally sounded like some Sawzall action was going to happen on the instrument panel.

Whew. Originally sounded like some Sawzall action was going to happen on the instrument panel.

I have a car that the previous owner did that to trying to get a new radio in:( It's soo bad. I think he might have used a cold chisel:BangHead:

Gauges are installed !! and working great
Some pics :
100_3171.JPG

100_3205.JPG

100_3218.JPG

And this last picture worries me: IMO watertemp is too high. This was with engine warmed up after a 10 mile drive at max 50 mph.

how old is your radiator net?
It might look ok from the outside but could be pretty stuck from the inside with mud which isn't untypical for Mopar engines.

Do you have a spring in the lower radiatorhouse?
If not it can cause trouble, too. Running under burden it can tighten together an make problems with the waterflow.

Finally:
Did anyone mention the thermostat yet?

When you drove it warm does it get more problems on the Autobahn or when you came down and stuck into traffic?

Carsten

Pulled and flushed radiator few months ago, water came out as clear as it went in, absolute no signs of dirth or mud.
Thermostat 180 F is new and tested before installation.
There is a spring in the lower radhose.
When I start engine and let it idle temp doesn't rise above approx 200 F and stays. When I go driving temp rises to 210-220 F fast and stays and doesn't go down when at a stop or driving slowly.
Going to replace the waterpump and clutchfan in the next days and see what happens..to be continued

Luigi

Back