New Dash or have it Refoamed?

69fury68

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with having a dash restored with new foam and top layer? I have a 1969 plymouth fury 3 convertible I'm restoring.

That's the place I was thinking about going to there about 15 minutes from my house!

There was a gorgeous 69 pad at Carlisle for $150. I offered a hundred and he said no........ Used are out there if you have the patience but if you have the money and no time do the Just dashes thing

The other good thing is you can have your new dash done in any color you want !!! :eek:s_dancing2:

Just Dashes is expensive and the results are marginal. Laying foam over the original cracked pad and then covering with vinyl will make it look better, but all the crease lines will diminish and you can tell it is just a cover up. I would rather look for an original pad, but there is no doubt very few are left that are any good. I am hoping Bob Baker reproduces these some day. He is doing a bunch of 64 - 66 C body pads - I saw one for an Imperial that was nice. He is also working on 69 - 70 Chrysler dash pads. He had an post on here about his reproduction stuff including the nice seat side shields and seat backs for 68 - 70 Chryslers, but someone controlling this site keeps taking the posts down - which makes no sense to me since he is doing a service to C body owners. He needs our support to keep going, and since he makes nice stuff, how does taking down his posts with no explanation serve this community? Maybe it is time to support another site.

Just Dashes is expensive and the results are marginal. Laying foam over the original cracked pad and then covering with vinyl will make it look better, but all the crease lines will diminish and you can tell it is just a cover up. I would rather look for an original pad, but there is no doubt very few are left that are any good. I am hoping Bob Baker reproduces these some day. He is doing a bunch of 64 - 66 C body pads - I saw one for an Imperial that was nice. He is also working on 69 - 70 Chrysler dash pads. He had an post on here about his reproduction stuff including the nice seat side shields and seat backs for 68 - 70 Chryslers, but someone controlling this site keeps taking the posts down - which makes no sense to me since he is doing a service to C body owners. He needs our support to keep going, and since he makes nice stuff, how does taking down his posts with no explanation serve this community? Maybe it is time to support another site.
So ill just be disappointed ? any idea on costs?

There was a gorgeous 69 pad at Carlisle for $150. I offered a hundred and he said no........ Used are out there if you have the patience but if you have the money and no time do the Just dashes thing
what color was it? how do i get in touch with them? Where are they located?

Just Dashes is expensive and the results are marginal. Laying foam over the original cracked pad and then covering with vinyl will make it look better, but all the crease lines will diminish and you can tell it is just a cover up.

Although I love the work Just Dashes does, I have to agree with this statement. The crease line at the edge of my dash disappeared after the recover. Unless the dash is actually remolded, I'm not sure there is any way around this. IMO, my dash looks great and only a true purist (or the restorer) would know the difference.

So ill just be disappointed ? any idea on costs?
No, you won't be disappointed. They do fine work, but it will not be identical in every facet, to a factory molded pad. I can't recall what I paid, but it was worth it.

They do excellent work. You get what you pay for.
I agree. They did a lot of work for me: recovered and dyed my console door, console back piece and arm rests (front and rear), re-skinned my bucket seat backs, dyed my headrest backs, repaired and skinned my rear arm rest bases, dyed my kick panels, etc. They are good at what they do and can accurately match colors. Every time I take my car to a show, I get compliments on the interior. It's not easy to match all the different shades of red I have, but they did a remarkable job and it shows. It wasn't inexpensive, but worth every penny, IMO.

Watching the video on how and what they do I do not see how you can go wrong having one done by them.

heres the condition of my dash and armrests now, What kind of ball park numbers am i looking at?

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

They are maybe better than a cracked original dash, but not so good that they would be worth the price to me. They are in Van Nuys, California. Click on the link above.

Back